Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: San Diego Mach. Shop and P+C's out of SF?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mockmaw
I'm starting to 'blueprint' my 72's engine rebuild and I'm looking for a good machine shop in San Diego. Any recommendations?

Also, Mueller, Brad tells me that you know quite a bit about the P+C's made in Japan and sold out of San Francisco. Do you have the name of the company that sells them and their contact information? Do you still have regard these P+C's as quality components?

Thanks!
meursault
Pauter Machine in Chula Vista is a good resource, but I think they're now more into the manufacturing end of the machine shop business. They're making rods to compete with Carillo's product, they're building those monster big block type 1 motors which probably don't have a single original VW part to them.

It's worth a try...
seanery
meursault,

Here is your avatar pic sized correctly:
125x94 size
meursault
Oh, thanks, seanery. I just began to play around with things a bit. I didn't size it and didn't really notice how out of proportion it was. Figured it would just size itself.
Mueller
AA Automotive Products. (415) 752-2075, 450
2nd Ave, San Francisco, CA 94118
(english is not thier strong point...excellent customer service otherwise)
Inspect the pistons and cylinders, mine had two cylinders which needed replacement, one had a void in it from the casting process and another one had a hairline crack at the bottom, looked like it might have been dropped. They replaced them with no charge to me.

Also try European Motorworks, they say that AA is a big competitor of thiers and that thier (EM) products are better...call them and see if it is true.
http://www.europeanmotorworks.com/
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.