Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Race Wheels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nine14cats
I currently have one set of HRE mesh 16x10 3 piece rims for my car. I plan on buying 2 more sets. Track only.

What rims have you folks used for racing and how much?

I'm going to order the rims in the next 2 weeks.

Thanks! smile.gif

Bill P.
KenH
Hi Bill,

You might ask that question on this site.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/forumdispla...p?s=&forumid=26

Ken
nine14cats
Thanks Ken,

I'll give it a shot.

Anyone answer your LSD question? I'll be seeing the guys at Jerry Woods next week. I'll ask them your question then.

Bill P.
KenH
No LSD replies - seems there are no rebuilders around.

I have a call in to Jerry now - just hate to bother him too much.

Hope you are running for Infineon in Feb.

Ken
nine14cats
I'm holding out hope to run Infineon, but realistically the car won't be ready. By the time I have send the check in for registration, the car will still be in pieces. Committing that much money for Doris and I to run with the car still a tub, and then having 4 weeks at the most to get it running...well....I've been down that route before.

I don't want the stress. Besides, if there is any glitch with any of the folks working on the car, I'll lose the money.

I'm shooting for Time Trial number 2 as the PCA inaugural for the new car, but I will have the car on the track dialing it in with NCRC and Trackmasters in March.

How's your car doing?

Bill P.
J P Stein
If I had a budget like yours or hit the lotto laugh.gif

http://www.fikse.com

I'm pretty sure they fall in the "not cheep" catagory.....just a WAG as I am afraid to ask.
nine14cats
Hi JP,

Thanks for the link. I'll give them a call. I'm curious as to how much for the Fikse's. I like their looks. I'm compiling a list of mfg's., weight, price and will post what I collect.

I just found out that Goodyear will have slicks in the R250 compound for 16" tires....but I think I'll stick with Hoosiers since I can drop a size on the third set of rims to change the gearing of the car on short tracks/auto-x's....

Bill P.
JmuRiz
I'm not sure the Fikses are available in 16", if that's what you need. I know their rep seemed like a really good guy when he spoke at a PCA meeting. He said the best strength/weight ratio was in the FM/10 (Profil 10 in moduler) but many racers use the Aro (Profil 13 in moduler) because it's really easy to grab with the spoke pattern. Just e-mail them and they'll help you out. I'd just run some Fuchs but i don't have any budget, haha.
KenH
Hep - it takes a long time.

Mine is in its "off season" position (jack stands) waiting for Sway-A-Way to make some more 23mm bars & for me to get the LSD fitted to the spare 901 and installed.

Oh - talked with Jerry and got the info I needed.

Ken
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.