Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB - Nice MIG Welder
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
DBCooper
I'm looking for a welder for a nephew, preferable a Millermatic 140, or Lincoln or Hobart 140's, the biggest thing that can run on 115 volts. Hopefully a welder someone got for a project but isn't using any more. I'm a little afraid of most Craigslist stuff since I don't know enough to tell when a welder's at the end of its natural life, so I trust people here more.

Thanks
Jeffs9146
QUOTE(DBCooper @ Jun 14 2013, 02:43 PM) *

I'm looking for a welder for a nephew, preferable a Millermatic 140, or Lincoln or Hobart 140's, the biggest thing that can run on 115 volts. Hopefully a welder someone got for a project but isn't using any more. I'm a little afraid of most Craigslist stuff since I don't know enough to tell when a welder's at the end of its natural life, so I trust people here more.

Thanks

I bought one off of Craigslist for $100 with a 350cf full tank, large spool of wire and gas kit! It didn't work but there is a place that repairs them in Modesto, they picked it up and delivered it repaired for $150 including parts! I sold the full tank for $250 and traded one of my extra C02 keg bottles at Airgas for the CD/Argon bottle and paid $22 for the gas!

Total invested $22!!!! beerchug.gif

If you don't pay to much and get the gas option and a bottle jump on it!
DBCooper
Appreciate the suggestion. I'm on Craigslist every day but haven't seen anything even close to that, you got a really great deal. So you wanna sell it? Or if you see another deal like that let me know, please. Thanks Jeff.

mr914
I have a miller 150 that I'm going to sell at the end of August.

Local weld shop tells me I can trade it in for $375

Shipping could be the big issue,...
markasap
Hi
My name is Mark.
I have a campbell/hausfeild mig welder with argon tank.
I bought it new from home depot 10 years ago
$125.00 /no shipping
Mark 818-222-6291
hayes-mark@sbcglobal.net
76-914
DB, be prepared to invest some time. I read Craig's list for months and months before scoring a Miller 140. Every ad I read was either a POS, import turd or had "just" been sold. Hold out for a good one. You'll be glad you did. Search "lincoln" here. Someone in a thread mentioned that even Lincoln has a low end line. Do your homework. BTW, loved your utube video vs the Stang.
Tilly74
I am an ADD/OCD shopper and consider myself to be an extremely careful and thorough shopper. I have been researching welders for a little over 3 years. This is what I've decided on and will be ordering within a week or two...as soon as I can scrape enough dollars together...I think with shipping to Missouri it's like $405. Hobart is made by Miller which I know to be awesome welders.

Here's link: Reconditioned Hobart Handler 140

Amphicar770
Take a look at the HTP welders. Made in Italy, great service, good price, super product. I am very pleased with mine.
DBCooper
Thanks, I need to sort through all this. Really appreciate the help.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.