Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anybody have a 73 or 74 Carrera
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
carr914
Early Xmas present to myself. Buying a 74 Euro Carrera. Anybody else have one?
T.C.
skline
There is a big difference between the 73 and 74 in the body. That is the year they changed the body style. I would rather have the 74 than the 73 as it is more modern looking. But both are nice. So does that one have the 2.4 or 2.7?
carr914
It is currently motorless. It's going to be my next project. Supposed to be 210 hp 2.7 mech injected. Already has full cage with nascar style door bars, rear steel flares, a tiny bit of rust - has been media blasted and primed in zincchromate primer. No sunroof.
seanery
my buddy had a 75 Carrera. It was a very nice car that he put a 3.2 in, then crunched the front a bit then it went in and got a full IROC body with 17" HRE Fuchs wheels. It's really beautiful, so beautiful in fact, that he was afraid to put it on the track and he sold it. sad.gif I've got pics, really nice pics of it.
boxstr
I have had an 84 Carrera and now have an 88 Carrera. Also had a few 73s, no Carreras, Sounds like a fun project good luck.
I always liked saying the word CARRERA, kind of like SALSA.
CCLINCARRERA
Eric_Shea
I would rather have the 74 than the 73 as it is more modern looking.

You take the 74, I'll take the 73 (if'n someone was to give a couple away)

This issue of Pano has a couple 74's ranging from $14,900 to $21,000.

73's go for around $150,000 to $200,000

beer.gif
vortrex
here's a '73 project car for "cheap".

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...4504079589&rd=1
boxstr
I like the waring for the RS ebay auction

NO DEAD BIDDER! PLEASE
cclinlivebid
Eric_Shea
Whew... wrong mirror, no MFI, wrong wheel, wrong seats (sorry, it's a 914club habit)
Eric_Shea
Sorry T.C.

Great car! smilie_pokal.gif Let's see some pictures.
914efi
Here's my '75 Carrera. Pretty much the same as a '74 except for wing.
Stutgart46
T.C.,
You are a dog. laugh.gif
I would suggest that you get in touch with Rich Tillitson. He's the US Carrera Registrar for PCA. He has 3 or 4 '74's and '75's.
Good luck and post some pics.
carr914
Chad, I talked to Rich on monday. He gave me some info, but he doesn't have any more Carreras. He's into his 968 Club Sport.
The nice thing about this car being an Euro Carrera it has the same factory specs as the 73 Carrera RS. The 74 US Carreras had only 175 hp vs 210 in the Euro. Also this car had no undercoating, no sunroof etc, so it appears to have been made as light as possible. I've already accumulated some bargain pieces I need. It's amazing some things you can find when someone else is making a racecar. I'll post some pics in a couple of weeks when I finish some welding on it and the 914-6.
T.C.
redshift
DooD! 73 is THE one to have!

smilie_pokal.gif More modern sucks!!

What color you paintin' it? I like the ugly bright ones.

M
redshift
QUOTE(vortrex @ Dec 1 2004, 12:41 PM)

NO DEAD BIDDER PLEASE is the best Ebay line EVER.

M
scotty914
QUOTE(boxstr @ Dec 1 2004, 08:46 AM)

NO DEAD BIDDER! PLEASE
cclinlivebid

sorry i saw this and thought the car was in florida huh.gif

oh sorry that was political
carr914
I know the 73 Carrera is THE one if you had to pick, especially Porsche investors, but I like to give my cars a very good running and I won't be afraid to in this. Plus it was cheap.
AS far as color, I'm going to wait to find out what it's original color was and then decide. I hope it was an ugly bright blue.
T.C.
Stutgart46
I hope it was pink. laugh.gif
How did it go? Did you pick it up?
I wish I was still in town so I could see it.
Eric_Shea
74 Revlon (Peter Revson) Pink... Awesome (and no, I don't like Josh Groban) biggrin.gif

smilie_pokal.gif

911 460 0111 Engine 684 0033, Strawberry Pink
Eric_Shea
Ooooooops... my bad. Peter had the yellow car. Here's the Strwaberry Pink history:

David Pearson /Riverside races N° 5. Factory poster. Race N° 7 Unser . John Bauer, 1980 SCCA TransAm Championship. crash . Dr. Lawrence Green for sale in 1989
flatout
Hi I have a 75 euro car with 2.7 mfi . Love the car had some trouble getting it registered, because of the Vin number, the six number is a 6 ROW instead of the 4 for the US carrera. Fun to drive not better than the 914 just different.
flatout
sorry its the fifth number not the six that is the engine type, 4 is the US carrera and the 4 for the ROW cars with the 2.7 mfi 210 horsepower....... Shelby
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.