Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: He always wanted a muscle car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
StratPlayer
A friend of mine told me last year he was looking to get him a muscle car, nothing in particular just a muscle car. He showed up at my house with this

GTO Judge 71
StratPlayer
fsdf
StratPlayer
dsf
StratPlayer
sdff
StratPlayer
cxvx
Eric_Shea
Awesome smilie_pokal.gif

Can I go for a ride?
ClayPerrine
agree.gif But I want to DRIVE!!!! driving.gif

Ah... Reminds me of Fred (Fred.. my first car. 1969 Pontiac Firebird. 400 Ram air III.)

GTO... Gas, Tires, and Oil.

GTO... Gigantic Traveling Obstacle.

Nice car!!!!
Rhodes71/914
Very nice, something about raw american power.

My grandma has a bone stock '69 Pontiac Firebird that she bought brand new, one of her grandsons will end up with that car, hope its me.
djm914-6
My Mom used to have one of those... back in the day. It's funny that even then TV had an influence on society.

Trivia: What TV show was the influence on this car's name?
seanery
Laugh In

here comes the judge! laugh.gif
MattR
"The Judge"
Aaron Cox
i saw the 'retromercial' on TVland for the GTO judge...whoa laugh.gif
GWN7
My ex boss (retired) has a 70. It has 7 miles on it from a full frame off restoration he did 9 years ago. Nice cars.

beerchug.gif
ematulac
smilie_pokal.gif Nice ride!

My high school buddy's first ride was a blue GTO. He had no problem driving me home when he got his license, even though I lived way out of his way. biggrin.gif
scooter311
drooley.gif

Me = big Pontiac fan

Always wanted a '68 with hideaways, or my buddy's '70 ex-racecar - original Judge RAIV.
Ended up with all F-bodies though.....

At least it's still a P-car!!!
smilie_pokal.gif
Elliot_Cannon
Great car but those decals on the side look just as bad as they did in 71.
Cheers, Elliot
djm914-6
Great car but those decals on the side look just as bad as they did in 71.
Cheers, Elliot

Could be worse. It could have an ugly flaming bird on the hood! biggrin.gif

(I still want a black T/A with a gold chicken and t-tops)
NoPorsche
My grandma has a bone stock '69 Pontiac Firebird that she bought brand new, one of her grandsons will end up with that car, hope its me

I'd start dropping hints...

My Grandmother had 6 grandkids, and at least 4 of us wouldn't have minded getting her old car (1965 Impala Convertible).

Being one of the oldest grandkids, I would do tune ups and other work on the car, and when Grandma tried to pay me, I'd politely refuse, telling her just to remember me when she quit driving...

Sure enough, she turned 86 and decided to quit driving, and signed the car over to me... At least none of the others were too disappointed, as the car really needed alot of work by then...

BTW, Nice GTO... One of my favorite GTO frontends (love the scoop openings near the front of the hood)...
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(djm914-6 @ Nov 30 2004, 02:16 PM)
Could be worse. It could have an ugly flaming bird on the hood! biggrin.gif

(I still want a black T/A with a gold chicken and t-tops)

You gonna grow a big bushy mustache and go picking up brides on the side of the road? Should we call you "BANDIT"?

BTW... that decal is affectionately known as the "puking chicken".
rick 918-S
QUOTE(GWN7 @ Nov 30 2004, 10:59 AM)
My ex boss (retired) has a 70. It has 7 miles on it from a full frame off restoration he did 9 years ago. Nice cars.

beerchug.gif

what a waste... confused24.gif drive the damn thing...sheeezz! aktion035.gif driving.gif
type47
aktion035.gif ... now, get rid of the automatic transmission......
Rhodes71/914
I'd start dropping hints...

I'm the only one of 5 that see her on a regular basis, she knows I want the car believe me.
I think all my mechanical ability came from my grandfather, he was always buying some cool car he found a deal on. He is 86 years old and 2 years ago bought a early 70's convertable Caddy just because is was a deal. Drives it occasonaly in the summer

End hijack.

I want a muscle car!
GWN7
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Nov 30 2004, 12:38 PM)
QUOTE(GWN7 @ Nov 30 2004, 10:59 AM)

beerchug.gif

what a waste... confused24.gif drive the damn thing...sheeezz! aktion035.gif driving.gif

He (ex boss) had a doner car, sold it to a guy for $1,500 when he was finished. The guy came back and tryed to buy the good car off of him. Offered him $20,000 for it till I pointed out that he could get $25,000 US for it. I told him if he was going to sell at least drive it......next day he comes into work with the rear U-joint in his hand. All 3 pieces of it. He warmed up the car in his garage and launched it out the door. He has a dream garage 40 X 60, lift, wash bay, shower, toilet and has a flush urnal mounted next to the beer fridge. He built the garage before he built the house. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.