Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB 2 straight Predini wheels, late
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
914ltd
Prefer 1973 and not machined early wheels because of design difference.
Please spin them to make sure they are absolutely straight. I already have a pile of bent ones. Thanks, Brad
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(914ltd @ Jun 17 2013, 10:34 AM) *

Prefer 1973 and not machined early wheels because of design difference.
Please spin them to make sure they are absolutely straight. I already have a pile of bent ones. Thanks, Brad

Let me know if you don't find anything. I have a set of 4 with tires mounted I was going to put racing tires on. I might let them go but I need to check them first.

Shoe
Mblizzard
Brad I have 5. Not sure if they are 1973. Is there a way to tell the year? Probably stamped on them but thought I would just in case it was not obvious. They are just sitting there so just let me know if you wind up needing them.
cpavlenko
looking for this pedrini wheels, there of the 914 now and for sale....U can contact www.aircooledsonly.com if u want them. $150.00 for two. if u need more info let me know.Click to view attachment
Mblizzard
QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Jun 17 2013, 10:46 AM) *

Brad I have 5. Not sure if they are 1973. Is there a way to tell the year? Probably stamped on them but thought I would just in case it was not obvious. They are just sitting there so just let me know if you wind up needing them.

I think mine are the early ones as they end in 00.
914Sixer
Early 00 wheels can be machined easily IF you can find some one to do the work for a reasonable price. I took a Fuchs wheel and let them measure it and then they cut the the inset down.
Mblizzard
Because mine is a late model I guess I will have to look into that.
914ltd
Still looking! I will buy 1 early if it is straight. Thanks, Brad
Mblizzard
QUOTE(914ltd @ Jul 10 2013, 06:18 PM) *

Still looking! I will buy 1 early if it is straight. Thanks, Brad

What is the best way to determine straightness? The eyeball test will find the big things but it can miss a lot.
Krieger
Hey Brad, I saw some on The Samba the other day. Don't know if they are early or late.
914ltd
A good way to check for straightness is to stack one wheel on the other and check 360 degrees for ANY gaps between the 2 wheels then stack so the other 2 surfaces are in contact. Vary rarely the wheels are bent at the center only but this should work. Brad
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.