Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tires for Auto X
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
green914
I have the stock Fuchs 5.5 x 15 wheels, what would be a good choice for auto X? unsure.gif
Woody
Do you plan on driving to events on the AX tires or are you going to swap once your there? Are these tires going to see much street use? Are you running in a class that requires non r-compound tires? Many different variables. What's your skill level?
Trekkor
Kuhmo 710

KT
green914
QUOTE(Woody @ Jun 17 2013, 08:06 PM) *

Do you plan on driving to events on the AX tires or are you going to swap once your there? Are these tires going to see much street use? Are you running in a class that requires non r-compound tires? Many different variables. What's your skill level?

I plan on trailering it to and from events. I'm not sure what class my car would be in. I have not driven AX in 14 years, so that would probably put back to beginner's level. The car has 2.0 with carbs, and its suspension has been lowered, and stiffened up quite a bit. smile.gif
Woody
205/50R15s should fit those rims but you may have to pull the rear fenders just a bit. Hoosier A6s are pretty much the fastest thing out there right now in a DOT R compound. If your in a street tire class then I would seriously consider the BFG Rivals. If your on a budget then the Hankook RS3s are also a very good tire and I believe cheaper than the rest. The A6s are expensive, shouldn't be driven on the street, and require a bit more chassis set up to work to their full potential.
r_towle
Hoosiers , and go into that class, it's more fun.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.