Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Left headlight up.. but low
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Carlitos Way
It seems my motors are working fine, but my left headlight is significantly lower than my right. To the point that it might as well not be there.

Any help or suggestions are welcome.
ClayPerrine
First, raise the headlights and take the relays out. Then turn them off. Pull back the boot over the motor, and remove the 10mm nut on the center of the motor shaft. Move the arm (But not the motor) until the headlight is all the way up. Then put the nut back on.

Put the relay back in. The headlight should go down. Now you have to adust the pivots until the headlight fits correctly when down.

Hope that helps.
Spoke
I had a similar problem with both of my headlights. The crank arm from the motor
to the headlight assembly needed adjustment. When the headlights were turned on,
the assembly would go to its maximum height, then drop down a bit and stop. The same thing
would happen on closing. I ended up adjusting the crank arms on both lights and now
I can see at night w/o the high beams on.

Spoke
TheCabinetmaker
If the headlight cover fits the trunk and bumper top when closed, then don't mess with the motor shaft. Remove the plastic suround and there are two screws to adjust height and side to side.
Eric_Shea
It's those damn rear brakes you put on her... smash.gif

It's a dominant, alpha dog discipline problem now. She thinks she can tell you what to do and you'll just go out and do it! Show her who's boss. Tonight, when the neighbors are in bed, go out and piss on her tires. Mark your turf. Let he know who's boss. Don't touch her for a week. Talk about selling her (close enough where she can hear ya). This may take a while. She may squirt a little oil on the driveway (just piss over top of it) but in the end you'll prevail. laugh.gif

E.
914 Wisperer
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.