Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
Randal

Oh boy!
carr914
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
Krieger
Im not quite ready yet. Who is this Racer X?
Trekkor
Orange cars are pretty quick!

KT
Randal
QUOTE(Trekkor @ Jun 20 2013, 09:48 AM) *

Orange cars are pretty quick!

KT

Do you mean Tangerine? ph34r.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(carr914 @ Jun 20 2013, 04:20 AM) *

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

agree.gif We need pitchers! beer.gif
brant
Tangerine is nice....

welcome to the club
I love my tangerine

are you going wheel to wheel?
its such a blast, I'd recommend it!
mskala
Why are there whole threads without any information at all? I thought the point of boards like this was actual communication.
Randal
QUOTE(mskala @ Jun 21 2013, 08:47 AM) *

Why are there whole threads without any information at all? I thought the point of boards like this was actual communication.

Can't say who it is yet, until possession of the car takes place, which is soon.

Stand by. biggrin.gif
McMark
I think I just connected this thread and your phone call. shades.gif
Trekkor
Tomorrow is the big day...

KT
brant
Go wheel to wheel with a teener! You won't regret it.
Trekkor
Not my deal or car, I just know the details about the deal and the car...

KT
Randal
I just saw the car. New owner should be posting a picture tonight.

This car has some nice grunt and with some minimal dieting will be quick at all events.

nine14cats
Ok...so Doris and I are not new...but we are old... laugh.gif

I've been busy in racing Spec Boxster and will continue to do so but Doris will be returning to the track for Time Trials and we will both be competing in AX again next year, so the answer was obvious....we needed another race car.

1971 tub, 3.2 Carrera motor rebuilt with cams and a Steve Wong chip and other goodies. 231HP at the wheels. All Patrick Motorsports Conversion bits, comes with a 901 in the car and a good 915 box just waiting for some WEVO parts.

Tarett Engineering Anti Roll bar up front and other nice features.

First up is a diet to get weight down. I will weigh her tomorrow on my scales after I align the Spec Boxster.

The plan is to evolve this car into a nice lightweight GT3 car. I will post as we go along.

Doris and Bill P.

Oh...here she is!

IPB Image
McMark
drooley.gif
Trekkor
I had a chance to drive it on track, but passed headbang.gif

KT
Trekkor
The passenger seat for this car is on a short loan to me for this coming weekend's LeMons race...

IPB Image

KT
r_towle
Bill,

Welcome back to the cheap side of the tracks.
Chris Pincetich
I still have 2 "BPR Racing" magnets on my 914 that I got from Randall after loaning jack stands/tools to him at an AX a few years back.

Nice 914 beerchug.gif
nine14cats
Currently the car weighs in at less than 2100lbs.

This will be a fun project!

Bill P.
SirAndy
Nice to see you guys with a 914 again!

Still have your motor ...
happy11.gif
brant
QUOTE(nine14cats @ Jun 29 2013, 02:47 PM) *

Bill P.

how much less?
metal or fiberglass?
nine14cats
QUOTE(brant @ Jul 1 2013, 05:46 PM) *

QUOTE(nine14cats @ Jun 29 2013, 02:47 PM) *

Bill P.

how much less?
metal or fiberglass?

Hi Brant!

2060lbs. All metal right now. I plan on leaving the GT fenders alone if possible. I like the vintage look. I've got to decide on tires and other things and then go for some fiberglass and / or carbon fiber.

Bill P.
brant
you can stay all metal and still get the weight down..

I've got metal front and rear lids, with metal doors and metal fenders
1826 wet.

it just takes a lot of work
but the metal keeps it more vintage eligible with more clubs.....
Matt Romanowski
QUOTE(brant @ Jul 1 2013, 05:56 PM) *

1826 wet.

That is pretty light. With a 3 liter and a 901, our car weighs 2052. We do have 15 quarts of oil, so that is 28 pounds. We have glass lids and glass fenders. I'm not sure how we could get another 200 pounds out of the car.
brant
QUOTE(Matt Romanowski @ Jul 1 2013, 07:59 PM) *

1826 wet.

That is pretty light. With a 3 liter and a 901, our car weighs 2052. We do have 15 quarts of oil, so that is 28 pounds. We have glass lids and glass fenders. I'm not sure how we could get another 200 pounds out of the car.

its all in attention to detail.
we run 19quarts of oil, so just shy of a 5 gallon bucket of royal purple with the twin front oil coolers....
we run a six, and a 901 also and still get to that weight. our weight is wet with the oil and 4 gallons of fuel. our mag case probably saves 20lbs over a 3.0/6

its a lot of aluminum brackets and attention to detail.
you can see nearly all of our tricks in the build thread.
we built with a $50/ lb rule.... ie: if we could save a pound for under $50 and stay legal (metal) it was worth considering.
brant
frank beck's 6cylinder is rumored to be under 1600lbs and wheel to wheel legal, although not all metal. I'm confident we could pull another 125lbs out if we started cutting and using fiberglass, but wouldn't be vintage legal for our club any longer.

(that is frank becks old flywheel above)
Woody
Under 1600 pounds? Wow.
Matt Romanowski
Nice work. I'll have to check out the build thread.
J P Stein
The shitbox was at 1726.......then we got to the trans & lost another 20ish pounds.
A more well done cage would have lost at least 20 more.....lighter brakes would be another 20......still over 1600. We had to be at 1794 minimum to run XP.....no motivation there.
grantsfo
QUOTE(brant @ Jul 1 2013, 07:10 PM) *

QUOTE(Matt Romanowski @ Jul 1 2013, 07:59 PM) *

1826 wet.

its all in attention to detail.
we run 19quarts of oil, so just shy of a 5 gallon bucket of royal purple with the twin front oil coolers....
we run a six, and a 901 also and still get to that weight. our weight is wet with the oil and 4 gallons of fuel. our mag case probably saves 20lbs over a 3.0/6

its a lot of aluminum brackets and attention to detail.
you can see nearly all of our tricks in the build thread.
we built with a $50/ lb rule.... ie: if we could save a pound for under $50 and stay legal (metal) it was worth considering.

I'm with Brant I never get it when most 914/6 guys say that can't get under 2000. Of course I'm a guy who developed a 1975 lb Boxster. Now I have 370z crowd in disbelief as I head under 2700 lbs. it just take focus on every little detail.

I was surprised by weight on bills car though. For all steel car with full cage, top , valances, dot r tires , etc it's pretty light.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.