Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Interior Lights
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
McMark
An ad came up in the classifieds with these pics, showing a backpad without the interior light cutout.

IPB Image

Looking through the PET, there are part numbers for 69-70 back pads and 71 back pads (and the later ones). I'm thinking the 69-70 pads didn't have an interior light. Anyone got a 70 they can confirm?
sixnotfour
All 70's I have seen have the light,, In the pic it looks slightly different color where the opening should be ???
walterolin
I have an August 1970 car, it has the standard Hella light, and OEM wiring. However, my car is at the edge of the model year change over, and it has some '71 elements. The paint code for example is L30E, 1971 Bahia red. So I may have a '71 back pad. Can't get to the pad right now, it's at the bottom of a large pile.

And my back pad is one piece - all the way across. The pad in the picture looks to be two pieces.
GaroldShaffer
Mark I picked up a 12/69 build 914 (see this LINK ) and it had a interior light.

914itis
There is an interior light on my 70
SirAndy
QUOTE(McMark @ Jun 20 2013, 05:48 PM) *
An ad came up in the classifieds with these pics

Looking at that picture, i can see paint in the exact spot the light would be.

Looks like someone covered up the hole ...
shades.gif
JeffBowlsby
The earliest factory brochures from Sep 1969 have the light.

http://bowlsby.net/914/Classic/zBro_70G1.pdf
914Sixer
Manufacturing defect?? Probably have to look at the back to see if hole is in cardboard. If you look at the back the vinyl was cut in a X pattern and 4 staples hold it open.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.