Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need help!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dfelz
I just converted to sideshift during my rebuild and i hooked up all the components but it didnt feel like it was all hooked up correctly after playing with the shifter. So I would love to have some pictures provided of the two shift rod connections, after the firewall and at the tranny. Also need to see where the "friction ring" bushing goes.

Next topic, how do i remove the speedo angle drive mechanism from the tailshift tranny to transplant into the sideshift tranny, or are they not interchangeable?? The picture below is of the angle drive part i could not remove from the tailshift one...

IPB Image

Thanks in advance for your much needed assistance! beerchug.gif
'73-914kid
that little 13mm bolt HEAD on the back of the tail cone, perpindicular to the angle drive needs to be removed, then the angle drive mechanism can be slid out.
euro911
One bushing goes in the firewall (needs to be the conversion type bushing, for early cars to use the smaller diameter shift rod).

The rear bushing snaps in on the front of the side-shift console.
McMark
Remove this bolt. Then pull down. They are usually sticky, you can use pliers to twist and pull. Clean up any plier tooth marks with a file. Gear oil will pour out if you didn't drain the transmission. So beware. wink.gif
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE('73-914kid @ Jun 20 2013, 11:29 PM) *

that little 13mm bolt on the back of the tail cone, perpindicular to the angle drive needs to be removed, then the angle drive mechanism can be slid out.

That's an "8mm bolt".

The Cap'n
'73-914kid
m8 bolt, with a 13mm head. ass. poke.gif
McMark
Yup. M8 bolt. pinch.gif
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE('73-914kid @ Jun 21 2013, 07:59 AM) *

It's customary to call things by the commonly used name. Helps the noobs and others get the right parts, and keeps us all on the same page .................

The Cap'n
r_towle
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Jun 21 2013, 11:59 AM) *

QUOTE('73-914kid @ Jun 21 2013, 07:59 AM) *

It's customary to call things by the commonly used name. Helps the noobs and others get the right parts, and keeps us all on the same page .................

The Cap'n

The Captains page.
dfelz
Alright, I pulled out the M8 bolt with 13mm hex head but that whole unit will still not budge out of its hole!!!! headbang.gif chair.gif

Suggestions!?!?
McMark
QUOTE(McMark @ Jun 21 2013, 07:35 AM) *

They are usually sticky, you can use pliers to twist and pull. Clean up any plier tooth marks with a file.

agree.gif
dfelz
QUOTE(McMark @ Jun 22 2013, 04:30 PM) *

QUOTE(McMark @ Jun 21 2013, 07:35 AM) *

They are usually sticky, you can use pliers to twist and pull. Clean up any plier tooth marks with a file.

agree.gif

I tried that though! it was unsuccessful....I'll just pull harder i guess! smash.gif smash.gif smash.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.