Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Xmas Holidays
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Alison Baker
//////////////
Joe Ricard
Probably just going to drive the 914..... Don't know where to just drive it Because I can.
Jeroen
going no where... fast rolleyes.gif
d7n7master
Other than Christmas eve & Christmas day, you'll find me in the garage finishing up with my 3 month, ahhhh okay unsure.gif - year long engine rebuild/install/rust repair project. (I had NO idea what I was gettin' into when I dropped the engine...) but hey, I'm off work from the 23rd to the 3rd. If I don't eff something up I should be back on the road in January. Then I just need seats, and a 'lil body repair & paint & - crap - I'm never gonna (really) be done I'm I agree.gif
idea.gif
MattR
I cant wait for christmas break. It starts next thursday. I think after the fun run Im going to head up to mammoth for a few days in a friend's cabin (a bunch of 19 year old college students drunk.gif). Then I come home and wrench on teener to get it road worthy. It gets rust repair and paint in the next 4 weeks!!! I just cant wait!!! And finals really suck.
Ctrout
Headed to a place in Kalifornia called Cool. Near Auburn. Going to spend the holidays with the in-laws again.
iiibdsiil
I am probably going to our house in Canada. Sucks, it is going to be frickin cold, with nothing to do. Trying to convince mom to let me stay home, 4 days with family, stuck in a house when it's too cold to go outside to smoke is going to kill me.
campbellcj
I'd be friggen thrilled to spend 3+ days in a row at home. cool.gif

Most years we take an extended break from work, but I dunno about this one. Too much work to do, too little money in the bank. confused24.gif
Twystd1
Am heading off to India...
Where the streets stink and the people take showers based on the martian moon calendar...
Lucky me!!!!!!!!!!

Twystd1
krk
QUOTE(iiibdsiil @ Nov 30 2004, 09:56 PM)
I am probably going to our house in Canada. Sucks, it is going to be frickin cold, with nothing to do. Trying to convince mom to let me stay home, 4 days with family, stuck in a house when it's too cold to go outside to smoke is going to kill me.

*chuckle*

This line:

"stuck in a house when it's too cold to go outside to smoke is going to kill me."

just made me laugh -- funny to think that the temp could be saving your life -- but who needs a heavy at a time like this! So where abouts in Canada are you going?

Me, I'm home in SJ for the season this year. It will be an amazing holiday (good or bad!) I'll post pics when it makes sense smile.gif

kim.
Bleyseng
I was going to Suriname for Christmas/New Years but the trips cancelled. Looking at going to Jamica instead or anywhere sunny and warm!

Geoff
skline
Well, I was planning on staying home this year becuase my father was going to come up and spend the holidays with me. Turns out stuff came up and he cant come till after the first of the year. sad.gif
So now I am not sure what I am going to do. Maybe I will still stay home and paint the car. I know one thing, I aint going back down to Mexico this year. I think I will quit smoking and start working out again. Nothing like a little get back into shape for the new year resolution.
Meredith
QUOTE(skline @ Nov 30 2004, 11:20 PM)
Nothing like a little get back into shape for the new year resolution.

And we know how successful those always are! Good luck. biggrin.gif
nebreitling
I'm going to OKLAHOMA!

shoot me sad.gif
Meredith
QUOTE(nebreitling @ Nov 30 2004, 11:48 PM)
I'm going to OKLAHOMA!

I'm jealous!

lol2.gif HAHAHAHAHAHA! lol2.gif

Man, almost pulled that one off.
redshift
laugh.gif

I am going to work that day, it will be quiet, and everyone will leave me alone.

(with components I need to continue my secret evil plan)

M
swood
blah blah blah

you andyour secret evil plan

home row monkeydance.gif
redshift
not only did I run out of funding, and have to fake cutting open a cat, the weather changed again, and here comes that itchy rash..

m
swood
I have a cat now! mad.gif

Is it still alive??????????? confused24.gif
swood
And yes, his name is Tripod.

biggrin.gif

not really
Meredith
You guys have the same expression. Cute.
swood
Dead is cute????!
Meredith
What?! You're kidding me, right?
redshift
ohmy.gif

one.... two.... three...

m
swood
Yes, so sorry. I'm kidding. There are four heathly legs there. I've never had a cat before. THis one adopted us and I can't tell you how much its cost us.. Shots, stiches, shots and then some shots. I've had too many shotz tonite...........

This thing has the nerve to come here, demand entrance to my house, get taken care of and then scratch the living Heck out of me inretern.....

Kitty gloves for Xmas. Thats what Ima thinkin. smash.gif
Meredith
Getting back on topic, I'm staying here for Christmas. Probably have to work surrounding days, so it doesn't make much sense for me to go away.

The whole Jamaica thing made me a little jealous. I'm sure you'll have a great time!
Rhodes71/914
Staying right here at home in Central Oregon, Brother, his fiance and Sis are coming here for the holidays, Parents live close. It's nice not to travel during the holidays.

Hopefully the mountains will get some more snow so I can get in a couple of telemark turns in, I think I am getting some new boots for christmas.
Root_Werks
Staying here, family is all close. We are going to dig out the sleds and head up the mountians this weekend I think too! boldblue.gif
balljoint
Last year I was in Cuba right after Christmas and over New Years. The New Years Eve countdown was actually a count up......to twelve. Weird.

This year I get to go to work. boldblue.gif mueba.gif

If you can't tell, the banana is being sarcastic.
ppickerell
See you all in Cabo between 24th and 31st for Heathen Christmas:trophy: ! Staying at Hacienda Suites with my mom, sis, binlaw son daughter and wife. Margaritas at Lands End:beer1: . Shooters:shoot2kill: at the Giggling Marlin. Life is tough!
scotts-toolwench
Well Scott and I will be here in Mayland.....unless of course you want to take us to Jamaica? rolleyes.gif

Nothing like being around the whole family for Christmas! blink.gif My brother and I start it out right tanking each others egg nog, beerchug.gif by the end of the night, we're so tanked falling asleep with visions of sugarplums is pretty awesome!

Ah, family bonding..... drunk.gif
Allan
Staying right here at home and hopefully will be finishing up my car with all the christmas parts I'll get. biggrin.gif
ClayPerrine
For Christmas I am going 4.5 miles to my parents house, just like every year.

Staying home for New Years eve...

Hopefully I will get some work done on my 914.
anderssj
Home to MN with the wife and kids. From a family of 10, with in-laws (and out-laws), there should be 25 or more of us together at any one time. Oh, and a wedding on 2 JAN!

All of us now living outside MN are hoping for snow--the "natives" could care less.

Best,

Steve A-
xitspd
Chritmas and New Years at home then.....

Dan
iiibdsiil
QUOTE(krk @ Dec 1 2004, 01:06 AM)
QUOTE(iiibdsiil @ Nov 30 2004, 09:56 PM)

*chuckle*

This line:

"stuck in a house when it's too cold to go outside to smoke is going to kill me."

just made me laugh -- funny to think that the temp could be saving your life -- but who needs a heavy at a time like this! So where abouts in Canada are you going?

Me, I'm home in SJ for the season this year. It will be an amazing holiday (good or bad!) I'll post pics when it makes sense smile.gif

kim.

Montrablanc (sp?) or something like that.

I don't understand the funny accent, so it's hard.

Then we are building a house somewhere else, like 3 hours from there, I have no idea what the name of that place is.

I can find out though.

No comment on the smoking besides it's hard to quit, I have tried many times.
nebreitling
shit, aren't you like 19? it'll be a lot easier to quit now, when you're young, than 10 years from now when your body is really used to the nicotine.

btdt. there are better vices to have.
Jenny
QUOTE(nebreitling @ Dec 1 2004, 04:26 PM)

Like speed? burnout.gif

Jen
neo914-6
See you all in Cabo between 24th and 31st for Heathen Christmas:trophy: ! Staying at Hacienda Suites with my mom, sis, binlaw son daughter and wife. Margaritas at Lands End:beer1: . Shooters:shoot2kill: at the Giggling Marlin. Life is tough!

I miss Mexico vacations! I'm going the opposite direction to cold, wet Seattle for our annual family reunion.
Felix
type47fan
We're taking our semi-annual trip from Carlsbad, CA, to Lake Tahoe, where my wife's mother lives. Been doin' it for 25 years now. . .seems like only yesterday. . . .! Beautiful drive up US 395.

Before we had kids, we would make the summer drive in my 914 driving.gif driving-girl.gif . Even attended the '82 Porsche Parade in Reno, back when I was a purist blink.gif .

Wherever you're going and whatever you plan to do, make the most of it and be safe!

Happy Holidays, everyone,
ws91420
I'll be moving christmas weekend. sad.gif
iiibdsiil
QUOTE(nebreitling @ Dec 1 2004, 07:26 PM)
shit, aren't you like 19? it'll be a lot easier to quit now, when you're young, than 10 years from now when your body is really used to the nicotine.

I'm 18, and I am working on it. The girly keeps pushing me, and it just makes it worse. I told her I am working on it, and I will quit when I am ready, not when she tries to force me. She doesn't understand that if you push, and push, and push, that you usally just end up pushing away, instead of helping.
Meredith
QUOTE(iiibdsiil @ Dec 1 2004, 08:13 PM)
The girly keeps pushing me, and it just makes it worse. I told her I am working on it, and I will quit when I am ready, not when she tries to force me. She doesn't understand that if you push, and push, and push, that you usally just end up pushing away, instead of helping.

What a jerk, trying to save your life like that. rolleyes.gif

I know what you mean, though. (About the pushing, not the smoking.)
GWN7
I'm working...someone has to do it. biggrin.gif (25,26,27,28) At least I'm off at new years wink.gif
morph
WORKING, AGAIN!!

HIEDI
reverie
4 days off for us, but we're only going up to Snoqualmie Pass and over to Leavenworth to visit relatives after Christmas. After going to LA for Thanksgiving, it's good to stay home.

Hey James, this is one of the gifts I ordered for my wife.. she's an LA girl. The Wireless catalog (Minnesota public radio) has some fun gift ideas.. smile.gif cool.gif
spare time toys
I am going to the garage and kill a 928 so I can get my car back in. huh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.