Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Coil overs on Bilstiens
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
qa1142
I have a quote for $199 for Ground Control brand. How good are they? What brand are you using? What pricing?
Jeroen
they're nice
it that price incl. springs?

IIRC I bought mine through HPH for about 125 (w/o springs)
qa1142
no springs are $109

What does IIRC mean? I'll contact HPH
swood
QUOTE(qa1142 @ Nov 30 2004, 07:32 PM)
no springs are $109

What does IIRC mean? I'll contact HPH

If I Recall....

I can't recall blink.gif
Jeroen
IIRC = if I recall correctly IIRC biggrin.gif
Jeroen
The HPH price is without springs. It's been a while already...

If the difference is just a couple of bucks (which it usually is with stuff like this), support your favorite shop and buy there
qa1142
unfortunately local shop is 914LTD and Brad cannot get very good pricing and sends me else where for tie rods, ball joints, shocks, etc.

I emailed HPH.

my other quote is Shox.com. $99 ea for rear bilsiens. paid $260 delivered for pr of front bilstein sports! but $199 for ground control and $109 for springs.
Mueller
try Jason @ Paragon for the coil-over kits....not too sure if he deals with Bilstiens or only Koni's
Aaron Cox
bilsteins have 6 height adjustments stock.... do you really need more?
Brad Roberts
Thanks Mike... NO really... thanks... :finger2:

Of course he needs more...

B
Brad Roberts
The Bils have 6 adjustments but they are very "course" ride heigth adjustments. Something like 12mm's for each ring groove.

B
Aaron Cox
i set mine 3rd from the bottom... done. biggrin.gif maybe when i have money wink.gif
campbellcj
Paragon carries them I think but was long-term out of stock when I was shoppin'

I got the coilover parts from Coleman. (Already had new yellow shocks). Everybody has the springs which are commodity items; it's just the collars and top hats that are slightly harder to find.
Jeroen
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Dec 1 2004, 06:24 AM)
Thanks Mike... NO really... thanks... :finger2:

With friends like that... who needs enimies biggrin.gif
qa1142
I am a little sick. Only reason for coil overs is so I can set ride height and corner weights (cross weight) correctly.

Its just a BONUS that they are so cool wub.gif drooley.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.