Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for a favor from Bay Area owners
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
thinlie
I'm in the process of restoring my 73 914 and its that time to decide which engine I should put in. I was quite happy with the way the 2.0 was running but decided it could use a little more uumph. Can't decide on which engine to go...2.4 big bore 4 cyl or go for the 911 engine preferably the 3.0.
Only one way to decide...feel the power of each.
So here's the favor. Anybody in the Bay Area with big bore's or 6's willing to take me out for a short ride will be greatly appreciated.

Mark
Brad Roberts
245hp 3.0 9146 ? Or how about a 3.2 9146 ?

I dont know of anyone with a big bore 914 in our area (over a 2056)

I'm over on the Penisula... Fairfield isnt close to Redwood City.

B
thinlie
Hey Brad

I'm alway all over the bay area. Redwood City is no problem. Are you offering a ride?

Mark
Brad Roberts
I can get the 3.0 up to the shop later this week (Thursday) if you want a E-Ticket ride.

You have to promise to buy some of the conversion parts from me *if* you go the 6 cyl route biggrin.gif

B
anthony
Once you get a ride in a 914 with over 200hp you can never imagine something else. My 185hp 911 SC feels pretty fast and it weighs an extra 600 pounds. A 914 with the same engine or a 3.2 is just incredible.
ChrisReale
Martin Baker has a 3.0L /6 in Fairfield, actually, F'in Fairfield biggrin.gif
Brad Roberts
There you go... not sure if Martin has it back together or not.

B
McMark
Not as of last weekend. I was there welding on it.
Bleyseng
Once you ride in a 200hp six you will never go back to a four....

Geoff biggrin.gif
McMark
Not me. biggrin.gif I'm immune to sixes. ph34r.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.