Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Strut Help Needed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jrrhdmust
So I broke open a front strut, and there was a Mulholland strut E-148. So does anyone know what I can replace it with? I wanted Bilstein, but I know that I need Boge as the original. I was expecting Boge or Koni, but Mulholland???
Krieger
If you have a Boge strut can. You can put Boge, Bilstein and Koni shocks. Paragon Products is the place to call. Texas. I think they have on pair of Koni reds for the front left.
hot_shoe914
Mine had Mulholland also. I replaced mine with Bilsteins on all 4 corners. PMB is the place to go, best prices and awesome customer service.
914Sixer
Mulholland was a good ole made in the USA shock form the 80's. I believe they were made by Monroe but not 100 % sure.
SLITS
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Jun 22 2013, 05:17 PM) *

Mulholland was a good ole made in the USA shock form the 80's. I believe they were made by Monroe but not 100 % sure.

They were made by Interpart. Name came from the racers on Mulholland Drive.
jrrhdmust
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Jun 22 2013, 03:48 PM) *

Mine had Mulholland also. I replaced mine with Bilsteins on all 4 corners. PMB is the place to go, best prices and awesome customer service.

Awesome this was exactly what I was looking for!!! Thanks for the help.

Also these Mulholland say Made in Mexico

One last question Mine had a rubber topper that went under the cover, it sat on top the nut to get to the strut. My rubber topper is all jacked up is their a place to buy another.

Again thanks for all the help!!!
jrrhdmust
So just as a follow up: Absolutely the Bilsteins fit!

And much more importantly the stock rubber stopper that came with the car is not used by the Bilsteins, so don't waiste your money replacing it!
Krieger
So why don't you use the rubber bumpers?
SLITS
That rubber bumber is there to keep the shock from totally bottoming out in a very hard bump as it will destroy the valving mechanism.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.