Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: auto shipping companies and costs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
shoguneagle
Sometime ago I mentioned that I was moving several cars from Flagstaff, AZ to Grants Pass, OR. At that time I offered my trailer to anyone needing transportation south. I am still planning on these events but I do need to get some information on good quality shipping companies and relative costs.

I have two cars I would like to ship: 2004 Corvette and 1994 Jeep Wrangler. These I would like to ship by a good carrier thus I need the help in finding one at a good cost. beer.gif

I have two cars I will transport on my trailer thus having an opportunity to give service to someone needing things transported south including Northern California, Southern California, parts of Arizona, and maybe even parts of Nevada.

Any information and suggestions are greatly appreciated. Recommendations go a long way with me. I think they are the best way of gettng quality individuals and services.

Thanks,
Steve
Mike Bellis
In '03 I used Kiwi Karriers (WA) to ship a 69 Super Bee from Houston TX to San Ramon, CA. Cost me $800.00 Not sure what it costs 10 years later...
Fast and reliable.

If you can schedule around major events IE: SEMA, Pebble Beach, etc... You can sometimes find deals as drivers need to fill a truck up with cars. I sold a '65 Mustang a few years ago. The buyer got a great deal to ship to VA because the driver has extra space.
Jmedeiros
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Jun 22 2013, 09:29 PM) *

In '03 I used Kiwi Karriers (WA) to ship a 69 Super Bee from Houston TX to San Ramon, CA. Cost me $800.00 Not sure what it costs 10 years later...
Fast and reliable.

If you can schedule around major events IE: SEMA, Pebble Beach, etc... You can sometimes find deals as drivers need to fill a truck up with cars. I sold a '65 Mustang a few years ago. The buyer got a great deal to ship to VA because the driver has extra space.

Still costs about the same. Had my 914 shipped from Houston to San Jose, Ca for 850 earlier this year.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.