Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: UPDATE: Found - Matching Seat Vinyl, Tan Squareweave.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
DBCooper
UPDATE: I ended up getting the seat recovered, both sides. Found an exact-match vinyl from TMI, and it looks really good. Thanks all.

Need a seat bottom, tan squareweave, for a 75 or 76 car. I have a very nice one that's half eaten, if you want to trade. Since I know that's not likely as option number two I'm buying.

Thanks
JStroud
I've got a couple extra in decent shape, not tan basket weave, but might be better than half of one till you find one. You know where I live.

Jeff
DBCooper
Hi Jeff. Great work on your shop, that's going to be nice. Actually I have a black one too, but this is for an interior I want to give to my son for his car. Since it's a present I really want a tan one so it looks good. Well, as good as it can anyway. But thanks. Big thanks.
groot
I have 2, neither of which look very good, but they used to be tan. I can post a pic later today.
DBCooper
Ha ha, "used" to be tan, I like that. Well, if we can't have beauty maybe go for character?
DBCooper
Sorry, I've been trying to find material on the web to see if I could just repair the damaged seat, and realize I need tan SQUAREweave, not basketweave. that was what was used on 75-76 cars, not the earlier, which were basketweave. I edited the first post, changing the basketweave for squareweave. Sorry if that's caused any problems. Still need a tan seat bottom, just from a later car to match.
groot
I'll take a pic tonight. I don't really know what I have.
groot
Are these what you are seeking???
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
DBCooper
Unfortunately no. Here's what I have, squareweave (75-76):
IPB Image
And I think this is what you have, basketweave (72-74, but the sample photo is a "saddle" color):
IPB Image

But you said they didn't "look good"? They aren't so bad at all. The seats they're in aren't bad, either, or at least can't see major flaws. You should probably keep them together as a complete set. Someone may just want usable seats, which they are, with plans to recover them some time later. If you want to get rid of them send me a PM, maybe I could use them as placeholders until I found real squareweave seats for a match.

Still need some late tan squareweave seat bottoms. Help my son out, and get this dog a reprieve.
groot
I've got so many pm chains going on.... I've got these seat cushions going to dknechtly. Good luck on your hunt!!
Tom_T
QUOTE(DBCooper @ Jun 25 2013, 12:43 PM) *

Unfortunately no. Here's what I have, squareweave (75-76):
IPB Image
And I think this is what you have, basketweave (72-74, but the sample photo is a "saddle" color):
IPB Image

But you said they didn't "look good"? They aren't so bad at all. The seats they're in aren't bad, either, or at least can't see major flaws. You should probably keep them together as a complete set. Someone may just want usable seats, which they are, with plans to recover them some time later. If you want to get rid of them send me a PM, maybe I could use them as placeholders until I found real squareweave seats for a match.

Still need some late tan squareweave seat bottoms. Help my son out, and get this dog a reprieve.

IIRC Autos International &/or World Upholstery have the one you want in tan (they'll call it another color. Go on their websites & look for the samples under vinyl. If not those 2, then try Lakewell (in Belgium) & email the guy there with your pic above to see if they have it (you can also email the pic to the first 2).

Good Luck! beerchug.gif
tweet
Have you considered just getting some nice seat cushions and changing the color? There are many good quality upholstery dyes and paints on the market. If you got a can or two, you could redo the seats and door panels. Starting with a lighter shade is easier as a base. By the time you are done, everything will look new again. And you can always do touch up and repairs that will match in the future, because the color will always be renewed and blended.
DBCooper
QUOTE(tweet @ Jun 27 2013, 12:10 AM) *

Have you considered just getting some nice seat cushions and changing the color? There are many good quality upholstery dyes and paints on the market. If you got a can or two, you could redo the seats and door panels. Starting with a lighter shade is easier as a base. By the time you are done, everything will look new again. And you can always do touch up and repairs that will match in the future, because the color will always be renewed and blended.

Yes, that's an alternative if I can't find a matching cushion. Dye's acceptable, but the first choice is undyed vinyl. The rest of the interior is perfect, really pretty, and I hope he'll be able to use it the way it is. It's a present and I want it to be nice, so my thinking is that the simplest alternative is to find a matching cushion and we're done. That's looking less and less likely, so Plan B is to just buy a yard of the vinyl (photo above, from TMI the VW upholstery people) and make two new (matching) seat bottoms, as long as I can find a really close match. From the photos I think I may have, so I have a sample swatch coming. Then Plan C would be to use the black cushion I have and dye it the same color, but my experience with dyes is that they're even harder to match than paint. Then finally if nothing else works dye the whole thing. But the easiest alternative would still be finding a cushion in the original vinyl so there's a better chance of a match. I'm giving it a shot, who knows?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.