Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB ...Engine bay firewall
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
my73_914
Hi all,

I am a total newb here. I purchased my long lost dream car. You guessed it, a 914. I was fortunate enough to have picked it up from Garold. Coolest guy I have ever met. Well, all that being said. I am looking for some help, I'm trying to locate the engine bay firewall. You guys should be well aware of it. Well mine is a bit rusty and have been looking everywhere for a replacement piece. I can't find one for the life of me. This would be the sheet metal with the two large X's on it. If anyone is putting their 914 go rest and your sheet metal is decent. Please pm me. I want my first major project to look as good as it can be and the piece is very key to my success.

Thank you all.
bdstone914
QUOTE(my73_914 @ Jun 22 2013, 08:36 PM) *

Hi all,

I am a total newb here. I purchased my long lost dream car. You guessed it, a 914. I was fortunate enough to have picked it up from Garold. Coolest guy I have ever met. Well, all that being said. I am looking for some help, I'm trying to locate the engine bay firewall. You guys should be well aware of it. Well mine is a bit rusty and have been looking everywhere for a replacement piece. I can't find one for the life of me. This would be the sheet metal with the two large X's on it. If anyone is putting their 914 go rest and your sheet metal is decent. Please pm me. I want my first major project to look as good as it can be and the piece is very key to my success.

Thank you all.

Where is yours rusty?
I am cutting a car that has a good upper firewall but bad lower section.
a picture would help.
Bruce
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(my73_914 @ Jun 22 2013, 10:36 PM) *

Hi all,

Thank you all.

You shouldn't need to replace the entire firewall, unless that is what you want to do. If Bruce doesn't have what you are looking for you should be able to replace just the lower section. Restoration design has those parts. Items P325L & P325R also P326
my73_914
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jun 22 2013, 11:03 PM) *

QUOTE(my73_914 @ Jun 22 2013, 08:36 PM) *

Hi all,

Thank you all.

Where is yours rusty?
I am cutting a car that has a good upper firewall but bad lower section.
a picture would help.
Bruce

Bruce,

Thanks for replying. I will be taking more pics of the car soon. I should be able to post it here by Tuesday.
my73_914
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Jun 23 2013, 07:07 AM) *

QUOTE(my73_914 @ Jun 22 2013, 10:36 PM) *

Hi all,

Thank you all.

You shouldn't need to replace the entire firewall, unless that is what you want to do. If Bruce doesn't have what you are looking for you should be able to replace just the lower section. Restoration design has those parts. Items P325L & P325R also P326

How's it going Garold? As promised. I got on here. This is a really cool place. People are truly nice here. I'm part of VW Vortex and I've asked questions there that some people reply as if I was an idiot. Go figure.

I did get a motor. Its running a carb setup. I already cleared the interior and I'm prepping it for media blasting and some sanding.

My wife actually took to the car. She likes it. Now I can be out of her hair for a few hours a week.

Thanks again.
bdstone914
[/quote]

I agree that you are best off buying new sheet metal. When you figure the time it takes to prep a used section it is only worth ti if the part is no available elsewhere.

Bruce
IronHillRestorations
I have a NOS part PM me if you are interested.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.