Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Painted Targa Tops
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
seanery
I've seen a lot of painted roofs. Has anyone experienced any rubbing, scratching, wear, etc...from the trunk clips?

Thanks!
Ferg
I've had no problems. The only part that touches paint while it is in storage in the trunk is the rubber nubs, and as long as everthing is clean I can't see how they would scratch. As far as when it is mounted, It might rub enough over time to wear the painted top of my targa bar, but I can't remember the last time I drove the car with the roof in place cool.gif . Ferg
Aaron Cox
mine rubs alittle on the front plastic clips. it has two distinct marks from the clips <_<
Jenny
Ever considered little felt stickers on the clips? Or is there not enough room? I'll be following this thread closely as I'm considering painting my targa top.

Jen
Lawrence
That was going to be my suggestion, Jen.

P.S. Check the pixel settings on your avatar. smile.gif
Jenny
Yeah, I know my settings are off. I'm too lazy to change it. rolleyes.gif

I changed it to the dingle from my car, and the display still showed my car, but in dingle size, so I was like "Fuck, I'll just change the size back to what my car was, and everything should be kosher." But what happened instead was a while later, the dingle shows up, configured to the size of my car avatar. Ugh.

Jen
Aaron Cox
anyon have a spare targa they can get me a part from? i need the pass. side rubber block that is right below the "nub" that the latch holds on to. mine broke. anyone have this piece?
tod914
If the felt takes up too much room, you could try some of the clear chip guard film to adhear to the contact areas on the roof. I think dupont makes it.
seen it at a pca event last weekend to prevent stone chips on the hood.
Aaron Cox
the 3m clear stuff? good idea! anybody have the part i need from my "aforementioned" post? mellow.gif
djm914-6
While looking at MINIs, I got an idea to paint my spare roof. Has anyone done anthing besides the norm of black or body color?
Aaron Cox
on my car...PO sanded it smooth, and painted it body color (black) wink.gif driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.