Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shift shaft install...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MikeM
Hi all...while swapping transmissions I decided to replace my leaking shift shaft seal.
Well, the shaft came out of the trans and now I'm not sure of how to re-install it.
Does it get held in place by the "console"?
Thanks as always....
Mike
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(MikeM @ Jun 23 2013, 07:51 AM) *

Hi all...while swapping transmissions I decided to replace my leaking shift shaft seal.
Well, the shaft came out of the trans and now I'm not sure of how to re-install it.
Does it get held in place by the "console"?
Thanks as always....
Mike

OK. I'm guessing it's a side shift trans, because you don't give us much information to go on. Drain the trans (first making sure the fill plug will come out!), remove the console, and take a look. If the shaft came out, something's missing/broken. Sounds to me like you've sheared a roll pin. For a good blow up of the assembly, see this link: http://www.porsche.com/usa/accessoriesands...partscatalogue/

Select 914, go to transmission and then find the linkage pictures. Scroll to the appropriate picture.

The Cap'n
MikeM
Sorry...I was just about to add that it's a 74 side shifter.
I took the console off and the shaft came right out as well. Shifted fine last time it was in my car. The complete shaft came out with the inside 3 toothed part attached.
Thanks for the link...
Mike
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.