Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking on status of a 914...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DerekKim
Not sure if this is even possible, but I had a 73 1.7 back in 06. I was just wondering if anyone knew of its status. It was sold in ms. Vin is 4732921096. If you know about it please message me. Thanks.
SirAndy
QUOTE(DerekKim @ Jun 23 2013, 11:56 AM) *

Not sure if this is even possible, but I had a 73 1.7 back in 06. I was just wondering if anyone knew of its status. It was sold in ms. Vin is 4732921096. If you know about it please message me. Thanks.

It's listed in the VIN database, but it seems the entry is quite old.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...yVIN=4732921096

It was listed by gwjoehnk from Johnson City, TX.

shades.gif
DerekKim
That's who I bought the car from. :-/
TargaToy
Do you have any friends or relatives in Law Enforcement?

A VIN search is really easy from the laptop of a patrol car and will give you the name/address of the last registered owner.
Kaduku
QUOTE(TargaToy @ Jun 23 2013, 02:52 PM) *

A VIN search is really easy from the laptop of a patrol car and will give you the name/address of the last registered owner.

That is the one way for a cop to easily lose his or her job blink.gif

rgalla9146
QUOTE(Kaduku @ Jun 23 2013, 04:16 PM) *

I don't know about losing their job but every request for VIN info requires paperwork to justify.
Twenty years ago, no problem. Today, no way.
TargaToy
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Jun 23 2013, 08:59 PM) *

QUOTE(Kaduku @ Jun 23 2013, 04:16 PM) *

I don't know about losing their job but every request for VIN info requires paperwork to justify.
Twenty years ago, no problem. Today, no way.

I'm gonna say that I believe it all depends on the locale and the agency. And that's ALL I'm gonna say. idea.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.