Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 901 gearbox
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
6freak

and this is why! lol-2.gif
6freak
Click to view attachment

when you let someone drive your Porsche is this the results on missing 2nd and hitting reverse ?
rhcb914
QUOTE(6freak @ Jun 24 2013, 09:44 AM) *

Click to view attachment

when you let someone drive your Porsche is this the results on missing 2nd and hitting reverse ?

That looks like someone tried to shift into first without using the clutch and just kept pushing the shifter...

that is nasty!
Mr.242
OUCH

I've got DR. Evil's rebuild DVD set if you need to borrow it for rebuilding. You'll enjoy the hell out of having that box rebuilt.
Bleyseng
Its why I stopped letting people drive my 914 as they ALL fubar the shifting missing gear shifts. Mine is a nice tight shifting 914 too.
aircooledtechguy
HOLY hillbilly teeth Mike!!! That's painful to look at. The dog teeth are,. . .well. . . gone entirely!!

I've got all the special tools to rebuild that thing if you need to borrow them. LMK. . .
6freak
QUOTE(Mr.242 @ Jun 24 2013, 07:22 AM) *

OUCH

I've got DR. Evil's rebuild DVD set if you need to borrow it for rebuilding. You'll enjoy the hell out of having that box rebuilt.

wouldnt hurt to watch it thats for sure! call me bro i have lots to say smile.gif .and thanks Nate but the local Porsche shop in T Town is helping me out with tools and technical stuff .....funny thing is when i drove the car i never had a shifting issue? it was good then IMO and it`ll really be nice when its right ... piratenanner.gif ALMOST THERE MY RIGHT FOOT IS STARTING TO TWITCH driving.gif
smile.gif
Dr Evil
Wow, no that is not from hitting revers. That is from 1st not engaging and be ground down.

Let me know if you need parts. I have used and new.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.