Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need electrical help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
lsintampa
75 914/4

Car did have A/C so I'm not sure what I'm looking at.

Anyway, there is a socket in the photo that seems to be missing either a relay, or something similar. It has female spade connectors waiting for a mate, but I have no idea what goes there.

Also, notice the four loose wires. (Yellow, red/white, white, yellow/red).

I "think" the yellow plugs into the only open spot on the fuse box (not sure that's what you call it, but that's what I call it).

I'm clueless where the others go - and if I'm correct about the yellow plugging into the fuse box / panel??

Thanks,

Len

Click to view attachment
type47
relay for fresh air fan
JeffBowlsby
QUOTE(type47 @ Jun 24 2013, 02:12 PM) *

relay for fresh air fan

All four wires are for the headlight dimmer relay, which has an aluminum cube relay case. Your relay has been removed.

The rubber relay socket is for the turnsignal/flasher relay, which is also missing in the photo.
Dave_Darling
Red/white is always switched power. The thick yellow and thick white wires seem like headlight high/low beam. The thinner yellow/red wire looks from the electrical diagram to control the high/low beam relay function.

Yup, those four wires should be connected to your headlight high/low beam relay.

The wires going to the relay socket appear to be:
Red, blue, blue/white, brown.

The closest thing I see on the diagram is for the flasher relay: Red, brown, blue/white, and black/green/white. You may be missing the flasher.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.