Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Darkness falls on another corner of the 914 world
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
aircooledboy
Well,
drove the car to the store and back on Sunday. Looks like that was officially it for the year. sad.gif Winter arrived yesterday. Pretty late 'round here to not get snow until the last day of November, so it's tough to complain. Hi-evah, it came with a vengence yesterday. The wife put the family truckster in a ditch taking the spudlings to gymnastics(no harm to life or property smilie_pokal.gif ), and 2 different cars went careening into the ditch in front of me on the trip home from the office last night. This was the view out the slider from the bedroom this am:
aircooledboy
This little strip of salt and ice is normally the 2 lane road with paved shoulders that runs in front of the compound. More salt than blacktop today, hence the end of 914 season for 2004.

When you warm weather types get in your teeners this week, pause for a moment of silence for those of us who will have to live without the pleasure of their babies company for the next 5 months or so. beerchug.gif

"I hate you guys"
Eric Cartman

laugh.gif
On the plus side, WAY more time for drinking. beer3.gif smoke.gif w00t.gif
Root_Werks
Snow! Cool! boldblue.gif Where are my mittens?! laugh.gif

Well, winter will pass and out will come the 914 again!

Yesterday, we drove the 914 on a 3 hour trip to my cousins funeral. Sat in traffic and rain. It did really good, but I still need to work out a few small things on the heaters. <_<
rick 918-S
I feel you pain brotha! The big bad 8's are resting for the season. See ya at the WCC 05!
scooter311
Yep, winter - a time to do all those things I should've done during the summer but was too busy driving the car to get around too.
Elliot_Cannon
On the other hand I haven't had the top on my 914 for the last month. Heh heh. And yes it gets driven almost every day.
Cheers, Elliot
GaroldShaffer
I'm with ya Chris. Brought my baby home from Brad Mayeurs yesterday. Roads were wet from rain, so now I need to wash it and put it away for its winter nap. Well actually we got NO SNOW for a change boldblue.gif so took the car for a spin, I will wash it tonight, got a heated garage biggrin.gif
aircooledboy
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Dec 1 2004, 01:35 PM)
On the other hand I haven't had the top on my 914 for the last month. Heh heh. And yes it gets driven almost every day.
Cheers, Elliot

Did I mention. . . . . . ., and I think I speak for all poor snowbound fools,

I hate you guys ?

laugh.gif laugh.gif chairfall.gif monkeydance.gif
Engman
I am there with you. About a week to go before its off for the winter nap.

M
hi ho silber
I'll keep the spirit alive for a little longer!

My car has seen more rain down here in AL than it has in the last 13 years.

Heading back to IL on 16 Dec, should have the car tucked in by the 17th.

It has been great driving it this late in the year. You guys in fair weather have got it made!! But when do you work on your cars?

Cross your fingers hopefully the really bad weather won't kick my a$$ on the way home.

Later
Mark Henry
Yep mine's tucked away for it's nap.

Think of it this way...all winter long you can have your teen up on jackstands. If you were living in Cali and it was on jackstands, you would be looking at the nice weather and be in a pissed off mood all the time.

pissoff.gif headbang.gif

Besides I can't see how a 914 would be any fun in Cali anyways, being stuck in traffic is not what I call the nice twisties.

happy11.gif bootyshake.gif
skline
When do we work on our cars??? I have been working on mine for the past 2 years and the worst has been this last summer. I had another one to drive till this last spring and I sold it. So I was teenerless all summer. So lets talk about pain. I drove my truck to the WCC and I dont want to do that again.
aircooledboy
QUOTE(hi ho silber @ Dec 1 2004, 06:48 PM)
Heading back to IL on 16 Dec, should have the car tucked in by the 17th.

Cross your fingers hopefully the really bad weather won't kick my a$$ on the way home.

Be safe dood. Hate to see anything happen to that beautiful car.

Offer is still open on the windshield if you need it.
hi ho silber
Chris,
Thanks!!

Insurance lady said they would replace the windshield ($100 deductable) biggrin.gif
I just have to find a new shaded PPG one (not the tint across the top). Brad Mayeur had said he had ordered one, I'm going to put my local glass man in touch with Brad after I get home.
It will by a good time to redo the dash boldblue.gif

My wife said they got snow from the same storm you did but it didn't stick.

Later
aircooledboy
Hey dood,

to lead this thread further astray laugh.gif

Just so you don't end up with the wrong windshield: in autoglass-speak "shaded" means the one with the dark band across the top, "tinted" is one with a slight, uniform color (i.e. green or blue).

Happy Kwanza (or is it Merry Kwanza?)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.