Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuchs 2L Center Caps
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
turk22
I had new tires put on my car yesterday, the boys at the tire shop had a hell of a time getting my center caps off the wheels to balance the tires. They said it appeared the caps were glued in... I was assuming they were a press fit, but the PO may have done something to assure they wouldn't come off.

Anyone have any opinions, should they just be press fit, or was some adhesive typically used to assure they wouldn't come off?

TheCabinetmaker
They are press fit.
The tire monkeys usually beat them all to F***. I use a piece of pvc. One end is turned down on the outside to remove them from the inside of the wheel. The other end is turned on the inside to fit over the cap for installation. I guess you might use a dab of adhesive if they are loose.
Ian Stott
I removed mine before I took my rims to the tire shop, that way no damage. If yours are loose try prying the contact part outwards just a little, play with it a bit, don't go crazy, it doesn't take much to have enough pressure to keep them secure. By the way I ran mine through the dishwasher on the pot cycle, they came out beautiful!

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
turk22
thanks guys, mine a little on the beat side anyway, so I may order a set of the ones Mikey makes, since they look so good.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.