Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ignition Troubleshooting
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
toadman
I am troubleshooting what I think may be an ignition problem that could be causing a weak idle and hard starting when my engine is hot and has been sitting. I have a 1976, 2 liter car with original fuel injection. The emission equipment and decel valve have been removed.

I would like to check the spark output/voltage to the plugs. Does anyone know what the approximate value should be? I think it is somewhere between 30 and 40 KV. I am using a Pertronix Ignitor if that makes a difference in anything.

Thanks in advance.
jdlmodelt
QUOTE(toadman @ Jun 25 2013, 07:47 PM) *

I am troubleshooting what I think may be an ignition problem that could be causing a weak idle and hard starting when my engine is hot and has been sitting. I have a 1976, 2 liter car with original fuel injection. The emission equipment and decel valve have been removed.

I would like to check the spark output/voltage to the plugs. Does anyone know what the approximate value should be? I think it is somewhere between 30 and 40 KV. I am using a Pertronix Ignitor if that makes a difference in anything.

Thanks in advance.

pull the distributor and clean the fuel injection points. That helped mine tremendously!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.