Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Spoiling the 914 cuz she's been a good girl...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
CrashDown
Figured if I didn't do it now, I was never gonna. Spoiler is gonna be done a tad different then the way everyone else does it.

IPB Image
In the shop

test Fit
IPB Image
IPB Image

Eww, big gap....
IPB Image

Prepped for bonding
IPB Image

Bonded with 3M panel Bonding adhesive. This is just to keep the spoiler in place untill glass and kittyhair can be used. IPB Image
IPB Image

more updates to come.

-Matt
green914
smile.gif Wow! Your car looks great.
1stworks
Beautiful car!!!

What wheels are those?
Thanks for posting.

beerchug.gif
CrashDown
QUOTE(1stworks @ Jun 26 2013, 05:51 AM) *

Beautiful car!!!

What wheels are those?
Thanks for posting.

beerchug.gif

JongBloed Modular 15X7's. probably one of the only remaining 4 lug sets in North America according to the manufacturer.
malcolm2
QUOTE(green914 @ Jun 26 2013, 03:32 AM) *

I 2nd THAT. Is the front trunk some of the "fake carbon fiber"?
Michael N
...and the award for the best looking 4 lug rims on a 914 goes to CrashDown. smilie_pokal.gif
They sure do look good.
boogie_man
Love the molded rear bumper set up YO !!!!!
CrashDown
QUOTE(malcolm2 @ Jun 26 2013, 08:09 AM) *

QUOTE(green914 @ Jun 26 2013, 03:32 AM) *

I 2nd THAT. Is the front trunk some of the "fake carbon fiber"?

Yea it's a 3M Di-Noc viyl wrap. Hood got discolored from the electrical fire a few years ago.
CrashDown
QUOTE(Michael N @ Jun 26 2013, 08:39 AM) *

...and the award for the best looking 4 lug rims on a 914 goes to CrashDown. smilie_pokal.gif
They sure do look good.

Unique 4 lug wheels > The same 5 lug wheels everybody else has.

Still holding out for "Car Of The Month" though.
CrashDown
More cutting, grinding, and bonding today.

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

There's foam work to do tomorrow.

-Matt
CrashDown
Bring on the foam
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
next step is to cut off the excess and prep the spoiler and the surrounding sheet metal for Fiberglass.
3d914
Nice approach. I like it.
Elliot Cannon
Didn't I see this car at the Parts Heaven swap meet a few years ago? If it is, how about some pics of the interior?
CrashDown
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Jun 28 2013, 10:35 PM) *

Didn't I see this car at the Parts Heaven swap meet a few years ago? If it is, how about some pics of the interior?

Yea same car. Wasnt able to go this year. To busy with projects for customers.

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
CrashDown
Got the spoiler glassed in today. it's not pretty ATM. But it'll all get anded down and prepped for bodywork tomorrow.

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
steuspeed
Holy switches Batman. Which one is the ejector seat? unsure.gif
CrashDown
QUOTE(steuspeed @ Jun 29 2013, 06:23 PM) *

Holy switches Batman. Which one is the ejector seat? unsure.gif

Factory switches went bye-bye when I had the electrical fire a few years ago. that switch panel replaces everything but the wiper switch which made it though unharmed. Now everything is double fused.
c12croft
What does double-fusing have to do with electrical fires. If you don't mind rehashing the incident?
CrashDown
QUOTE(c12croft @ Jun 30 2013, 02:05 PM) *

What does double-fusing have to do with electrical fires. If you don't mind rehashing the incident?

From what were we able to figure out, a short started in the Column, then traveled through the switches. But instead of blowing the switches and stopping there, the short traveled through the front half of the harness and cooked everything. Discolored the paint on the good from the flames, toasted the front trunk. Had to redo everything, from the gauges foward. Made a completely new wiring harness from a brand new looking harness I came across at a swap meet a few years ago. So now all the switches are fused twice, cuz Im paranoid. Once at the switch panel, and again at the fuse panel, before the wires head to elect. units at the front of the car.

Most people will shake their heads. I dont really care. I've put too much time into this car to have a total of 3 electrical fires so far from PO's shitty wiring.
bshounen
look'n good
iamchappy
Very similar to mine, looking good...
CrashDown
Aaaaaaaaaaaand Done.....

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Trunk lid still needs to come forward and to the left a bit, but in order to do that I need to elongate the holes for the engine lid and move that forward first. Not in any rush though. She's painted and back on the road!
PanelBilly
I like it. It looks like it belongs there, not stuck on
Cuda911
Beautiful work there... nice job!!!!
914_teener
You know...it does look cool.

Somehow and I hope the owner doesn't take it wrong....

IMHO...the white CAL plates might look better instead of the orig blues ironically enough.
Hank914
QUOTE(914_teener @ Jul 24 2014, 10:32 PM) *

You know...it does look cool.

Somehow and I hope the owner doesn't take it wrong....

IMHO...the white CAL plates might look better instead of the orig blues ironically enough.

I agree that the newer white Cali plates look good on Ivory White 914s. But that might be because I have an Ivory White one with the new plates. If I had original plates I might feel differently.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.