Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: EvilWerks, should it go to downloadable DVDs?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dr Evil
I am just a simple country physician. I am not an internet savvy, virtual 1s and 0s person. I have my transmission DVD set for sale, but I am always having to burn them and ship them and the physical manifestation of them requires that I have overhead. Many people have suggested that I make them downloadable, but I am pretty clueless as to how. I see the upside of lower cost, quicker reception of the product by the customer, and cheaper for those abroad as I have shipped as far as Estonia, Australia, etc. Piracy can happen with a hard copy so I am not to concerned about this.

So, I own EvilWerks.com as a domain name, but I have no actual site. How would I best go about creating a site and making my 2 disk DVD set downloadable to the public after they paid for it???

balljoint
There are pre-existing sites that will allow an artist to have downloadable material (music etc.) available with a specific single use password. You take the payment and provide the web address and the password.
rnellums
You could set up a dropbox site (dropbox.com) and upload an encrypted zip file containing the DVD. Then all you do is once you get paid, you send them the link to the file and the password. If you really wanted to be secure, you could change the password every month, or use a fancy encryption file that self destructs( I dont know how to do that though) Its all free too smile.gif If you want I can set it up for you.
Jon H.
You could use Google Drive. I use it to share documents. You upload your data and you send an e-mail to the recipient to download the data. You can then change the access permissions when they have downloaded it. It's free too.

Jon
timothy_nd28
All great options. I'll be your first customer when you get this set up.
popcorn[1].gif
kevin311
I'll probably be the second. beerchug.gif
ConeDodger
Talk to Rand. He can probably set you up with an e-comm site...
Woody

Click to view attachment

Dr Evil
I am currently talking to Rand smile.gif All of the options offered are great, but Rand can take it farther and accomplish more of what I wanted in the long run so stay tuned and thank you so much for all of the input. first.gif
MDG
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jun 26 2013, 12:10 PM) *

I am just a simple country physician. I am not an internet savvy, virtual 1s and 0s person. I have my transmission DVD set for sale, but I am always having to burn them and ship them and the physical manifestation of them requires that I have overhead. Many people have suggested that I make them downloadable, but I am pretty clueless as to how. I see the upside of lower cost, quicker reception of the product by the customer, and cheaper for those a broad as I have shipped as far as Estonia, Australia, etc. Piracy can happen with a hard copy so I am not too concerned about this.

What the hell?
Rand
QUOTE(MDG @ Jun 26 2013, 06:02 PM) *

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jun 26 2013, 12:10 PM) *

I am just a simple country physician. I am not an internet savvy, virtual 1s and 0s person. I have my transmission DVD set for sale, but I am always having to burn them and ship them and the physical manifestation of them requires that I have overhead. Many people have suggested that I make them downloadable, but I am pretty clueless as to how. I see the upside of lower cost, quicker reception of the product by the customer, and cheaper for those a broad as I have shipped as far as Estonia, Australia, etc. Piracy can happen with a hard copy so I am not too concerned about this.

What the hell?

oof. Jokers to the left of me.............
Never gonna lose these,
Dr Evil
Its OK, they are Canadian. Up there, they do not have to were the helmets wherever they go, and they have internet access.
Rand
I say we can always ban those jokers, eh? Because their cheese is always melting! If my dessert was almost gone, I would demand you bring it to me asap!!! No, it is not going away.... It is GONE!!!!!! Is it gone or not!???? Jokers... And my cheese is not melting if it already has. Interesting differences between our borders....... I get it folks, just different dialects, and funny how they are misunderstood.
Dr Evil
Rand, I have been drinking, but your post makes no sense to me? smile.gif
Rand
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jun 26 2013, 08:03 PM) *

LMFAO.

Of course it never will, you fucking drunk ass.

We can talk tomorrow after Troy and Woody have smelled your farts.

scotty b
QUOTE(Rand @ Jun 26 2013, 06:33 PM) *

I say we can always ban those jokers, eh? Because their cheese is always melting! If my dessert was almost gone, I would demand you bring it to me asap!!! No, it is not going away.... It is GONE!!!!!! Is it gone or not!???? Jokers... And my cheese is not melting if it already has. Interesting differences between our borders....... I get it folks, just different dialects, and funny how they are misunderstood.

blink.gif blink.gif blink.gif blink.gif blink.gif blink.gif So you're eating cheese for dessert I take it ? unsure.gif unsure.gif
Rand
QUOTE(scotty b @ Jun 26 2013, 08:06 PM) *

QUOTE(Rand @ Jun 26 2013, 06:33 PM) *

blink.gif blink.gif blink.gif blink.gif blink.gif blink.gif So you're eating cheese for dessert I take it ? unsure.gif unsure.gif

Oh yes, cheese. And cheese cake. And cheese supreme. And cheese DIP in honor of Scooter. And our friend DUFF represented! Google it Scooter..... Google Dyrdek and Duff

No worries. My portfolio speaks for itself. Everyone chooses. Talk before you diss. Dissing is really pretty lame if you talk out your ass. And talk to me about the latest web trends please.
sixnotfour

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8StG4fFWHqg

Rand
Meh, let Scooter do it.
Dr Evil
Make sure not to take the good natured ribbing foisted upon me here as actual dickheadedness. smile.gif

Sandbox guys are leaking into the general population smile.gif
Rand
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jun 26 2013, 09:58 PM) *

Make sure not to take the good natured ribbing foisted upon me here as actual dickheadedness. smile.gif

Sandbox guys are leaking into the general population smile.gif

Oh no, I get that. That's all you dickheads got?

And I was in Scotty's loft with a can of WD40. The sweet mist was so rewarding. So subtle.... Yet..... Mysterious. You've never seen orange peel like this before.

speed metal army
Never mind the downloadable DVD. Go all the way!
We want the Star Trek Transporter deal. Evil just appears! SHZZZZZ!! Materializes before your very eyes to rectify your transaxle woes/building.Way better!
Also if Leonard Nemoy could work the controls, that would be an obvious plus. Obviously. Can someone photoshop this to stir up support of this excellent idea? biggrin.gif
BajaXJ92
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jun 27 2013, 12:58 AM) *

Sandbox guys are leaking onto the general population

Last time that happened, everyone ended up with a citation and Scotty had to repaint a Buick. unsure.gif
Rand
QUOTE(BajaXJ92 @ Jun 26 2013, 11:34 PM) *

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jun 27 2013, 12:58 AM) *

Sandbox guys are leaking onto the general population

Last time that happened, everyone ended up with a citation and Scotty had to repaint a Buick. unsure.gif

As I recall, he had to do a job for the Count because Chumlee wanted hydraulics! LOL.
Woody
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jun 26 2013, 08:57 PM) *

Its OK, they are Canadian. Up there, they do not have to were the helmets wherever they go, and they have internet access.

I am not canadian. mad.gif finger.gif
QUOTE(Rand @ Jun 26 2013, 10:06 PM) *

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jun 26 2013, 08:03 PM) *

LMFAO.

Of course it never will, you fucking drunk ass.

We can talk tomorrow after Troy and Woody have smelled your farts.

Click to view attachment

Dr Evil
Woody posted? confused24.gif
Woody
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jun 27 2013, 09:29 AM) *

Woody posted? confused24.gif

bye1.gif
7TPorsh
Use PORSHSTER.com ...digital product capability...:-)
MDG
ya' know . . . I have no idea what this thread is even about. mellow.gif But in reading it through, I actually understood everything Rand said. huh.gif unsure.gif
Rand
QUOTE(MDG @ Jun 27 2013, 11:35 AM) *

ya' know . . . I have no idea what this thread is even about. mellow.gif But in reading it through, I actually understood everything Rand said. huh.gif unsure.gif

If you want to talk out your mouth instead your ass we can be less unsure.
MDG
QUOTE(Rand @ Jun 27 2013, 03:01 PM) *

Right. That wasn't even English.
JamesM
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jun 26 2013, 08:10 AM) *

I am just a simple country physician. I am not an internet savvy, virtual 1s and 0s person. I have my transmission DVD set for sale, but I am always having to burn them and ship them and the physical manifestation of them requires that I have overhead. Many people have suggested that I make them downloadable, but I am pretty clueless as to how. I see the upside of lower cost, quicker reception of the product by the customer, and cheaper for those abroad as I have shipped as far as Estonia, Australia, etc. Piracy can happen with a hard copy so I am not to concerned about this.

So, I own EvilWerks.com as a domain name, but I have no actual site. How would I best go about creating a site and making my 2 disk DVD set downloadable to the public after they paid for it???

Yes people can pirate it either way, but digitizing it for them makes it a whole lot easier.
Dr Evil
QUOTE(JamesM @ Jun 27 2013, 03:52 PM) *

Yes people can pirate it either way, but digitizing it for them makes it a whole lot easier.

While I am awesome, and while my awesomeness can be enjoyed by all audiences, I am not all too worried about a few 914 owners that may pirate a copy of my DVDs. We are a small niche, and most of us are honest and know one another. It is worth the risk of losing some copies to pirates in order to make it more available to our community as a whole.
Dr Evil
QUOTE(MDG @ Jun 27 2013, 03:43 PM) *

blink.gif dafuk?
JamesM
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jun 27 2013, 12:20 PM) *

While I am awesome, and while my awesomeness can be enjoyed by all audiences, I am not all too worried about a few 914 owners that may pirate a copy of my DVDs. We are a small niche, and most of us are honest and know one another. It is worth the risk of losing some copies to pirates in order to make it more available to our community as a whole.

I say go for it then! I actually would have prefered a digital copy when I bought mine, it does make things a lot easier/faster
bulitt
Wow, how about you entering the digital age. Whats next? No more bloodletting of patients? lol-2.gif
Mike Bellis
OK, I got 10,000 bootleg copies of the Dr's video ready to ship. I'll pay $5 to everyone that wants one.

That should kill the value of the video... evilgrin.gif

Just Kidding! biggrin.gif

I think it's a great idea to make them downloadable. That makes my Vintage collector DVD worth more money! KMA.gif
Woody
QUOTE(MDG @ Jun 27 2013, 02:43 PM) *

He used a Canadian accent.
scotty b

Dr Evil
QUOTE(scotty b @ Jun 27 2013, 10:29 PM) *

Too easy to bate you, Scotty. What took you so long?
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jun 28 2013, 08:06 AM) *

And everyone here knows you are a master at it....
Dr Evil
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jun 28 2013, 08:43 PM) *

And "Fish On!"
scotty b
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jun 28 2013, 04:52 PM) *

QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jun 28 2013, 08:43 PM) *

And "Fish On!"

I'm confusered now. Did you " bate " me or Dave ? confused24.gif
Dr Evil
all
balljoint
That wasn't bait. It was an alley-oop.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.