Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: shes leaking bad...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DrifterJay
puting the jackstands on her....going under...hopefully I can fix them....if not at least put my oil temp sender...so I can watch how shes doing.... <_<
sanman
bolt a cooking pan under it laugh.gif
Root_Werks
When I put my engine in, I replaced the rear main, oil tube seals etc. I wound up with a leak from the oil cooler. mad.gif It is still there too. Dangit. Completely spaced that one. rolleyes.gif Now I leave the infamous 914 "spot" wherever I go. laugh.gif
skline
Jared, find out where it is leaking from exactly. Take a can of brake cleaner under there with you and spray everything off so it is clean and you will be able to tell easier where it is coming from. My guess is from the push rod tubes. That engine sat for awhile and they probably got dried out and cracked. Did you replace the valve cover gaskets yet? Let me know how it goes.
DJsRepS
I live in fla removed jammed cable and bellows and pully for the motor thermostat. Motor had oil leaks from loose push rod tubes. I dropped a valve latter then fixed it and sealed up my motor I thought. But it still leaked oil bad on exaust and smoked at a light. I would lay under it motor running would see oil all over but never found it untill I made a post with a pic and club member saw from one bolt and rod missing form just a top pic found my leak for me!!!! The thermostat pullly mount bolt threads in apx 1/2in but the hole for that pully goes deep man right into the crankcase. Check yours. I was Soooo happy to fix my leak with a bolt and washer. Good Luck DJ.
DJsRepS
Good advice while under car clean motor checking for the leak motor running. Pull the PVC valve and temp plug vaccume leak as at an idle the vaccume is at its highest. With no PVC system on the test the leak will possibly double in size making it easy er to spot.
redshift
If you get under a running car, do it by climbing under there.... having a buddy drive over you is not the way..

Yeah, obvious TO YOU maybe.

M
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.