Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My rotisserie build
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
trojanhorsepower
I started my rotisserie build and thought I would share it.
So far I have an issues:

Will it matter if I weld the horizontal extension on top or underneath the part with the vertical section.

What do you guys think?

Here is where I am. I have cut the stands up and am ready to start cutting the expansion parts.
trojanhorsepower
Thanks JimKelly,

Those all look better than mine. I am going for fast and simple. I made a little more progress today. Anyone see reasons this will not work? My engine stands are 1.5" tubing not 2", so I had to make them work with what I had.

My verticals so far.
VaccaRabite
I did it just a little different.
IPB Image

It was plenty strong!

Zach
3d914
Did something similar. See project thread for more details & material sizes.

Click to view attachment
mr914
Made mine out of 2" tubing. Both heavy and thin wall
Vysoc
I did mine exactly according to Blue Sky Motorsports Rotisserie specs. the only thing I would add is drill your holes in your rotation axle by placing the axles in the bearing, mark the perfect positions at 90,180,270 & 360 degrees with a small bit and then drill them. I did mine off the bench and they are not perfect but functional. Make sure your uprights are strong and straight.... you are holding up a very heavy item. I am on vacation now and do not have access to my pictures but can provide them in a week.
Also after looking at yours again, are you not going to add a 45 degree braces on both sides of the vertical center uprights?
Over engineering is always safer.

My .02 cents,

Vysoc flag.gif
trojanhorsepower
Thanks all for the pics and comments!
I will add some sort of 45 deg brace, just haven't gotten that far yet. Right now I need to finish the uprights and decide what wheels to use, then do the horizontals and then I can add braces.
trojanhorsepower
Got a little more work done this weekend. I finished the second upright and got one side all together. A little primer to help cover up the ugly and wa la!
dlee6204
Looks good man! thumb3d.gif
mr914
Looks good

I used 8 500# D-rings from TSC or HF to be able to hold the car in the position I wanted. Afew rods/straps/cum alongs will hold the car in the position you want.

At one time, mine was balanced enough that I put my hand on it and it did a 180 on me in nothing flat. Now that there is more metal in it, I need to,hold it in position for the angle that I need .

Also, make a C collar for the ends of the rotisserie, unless you're tubing goes past your yokes, keeps the car from creeping out,

I did vertical and horizontal holes one one side for pinning in position, the other side I rotated the holes by 45 degrees for the same holding purpose

mr914
Looks good

I used 8 500# D-rings from TSC or HF to be able to hold the car in the position I wanted. Afew rods/straps/cum alongs will hold the car in the position you want.

At one time, mine was balanced enough that I put my hand on it and it did a 180 on me in nothing flat. Now that there is more metal in it, I need to,hold it in position for the angle that I need .
Jon H.
I used bolts to hold mine in place.

Click to view attachment

Jon
trojanhorsepower
Thanks All,

I got the other upright put together and primed tonight. I am planning on using the holes and pins that came with the engine stands; is there a reason that you guys see they won't work? I still need to fabricate my rear fixture to attach to the trans mounts. While I am mulling this over, I may go ahead and paint what I have so far.
trojanhorsepower
Some people will stop at nothing to speed up their build!
trojanhorsepower
I got my trans mount plates made today.
trojanhorsepower
Vysoc,

Thanks for posting your pictures.

I finished the metal work on the trans mount today, pics in that thread.
trojanhorsepower
I am finally making some more progress. I go the fixtures both finished and the door braces in. I still need to weld up the hinges, but then it should be ready to go on the rotisserie.
trojanhorsepower
Ta Da!!
dlee6204
thumb3d.gif
stugray
You definitely want the piece that bridges those two stands together by the center legs.

Like in Vysoc's pics above.
It is not very stable the way you are showing it for moving it around the floor.

Stu
trojanhorsepower
Connector bar installed and I have started striping the suspension.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.