Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bought a plotter
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Bob
Local print shop was updating it's hardware and got a nice desktop Roland with some supplies for $850

Gotta buy an Adobe Illustrator 10 software package for about 200 bucks....unless anyone has a package they don't use no more....kinda doubt it.

Gonna try and do onsite race numbers and side scripts at the track....looks like it only pulls about 1-2 amps and my converter can handle that draw....

Anyhow...thanks for all the suggestions....don't have to rely on my jail bird supplier anymore.... w00t.gif
skline
Mike, PM me, I may have what you need.
skline
Nevermind, I just checked, it's virgin 9
Joe Bob
Corell Draw will work as well....as long as it can "vectorize" an image.....
Rockaria
This may sound ODD. But I find Adobe Photoshop best/most accurate at vectorizing images. But it is a longer process.

With a black and white image (The higher the resolution the better the vector image will be) select everything that is black.Then right click and select "make work path" Set tolerance at .5 (point five). Rename that that path in the paths pallet. Then Click the menu "File" - "Export" - "Paths to Illustrator" to save that newly created path as an AI file.

It will save an AI file that you can bring right into most cutting packages like FlexiPro or whatever. I could never make AI's trace feature work very accuratly. Maybe it is just me. I never learned AI as good as I could have, plus I love Photoshop.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Rockaria @ Dec 1 2004, 02:25 PM)
I find Adobe Photoshop best/most accurate at vectorizing images.

agree.gif

or, try Adobe StreamLine ...

cool.gif Andy
Part Pricer
Your best bang for the buck is going to be CorelDraw Graphics Suite version 12 (latest version) $85.00 at newegg

I know that Jeroen and I are both heavy CorelDraw users. It's great for vector images and I actually prefer it to Illustrator.
mharrison
Let me look around and see what I've got.....You don't need the book do you?
Joe Bob
Duhhh, blink.gif What book?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.