Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: need good source for cayenne rotors for buddy
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
aircooledboy
Hey guys,I need a little info for a friend, if anybody knows.

Buddy of mine got talked into a 4 wheel brake job on a 2006 Cayenne turbo s. Not his usual type of work, but he does plenty of non-p car brakes, so he figured he could source the parts and handle it. Well, the parts he ordered off the net arrived and not only were clearly crap, but not even correct. His usual sources want a arm and a leg, so knowing I have some Porsche experience, he asked me if i knew a good source for good quality reasonably priced cayenne brake parts. Since i know less than nothing about such things, i thought I'd check with some folks I know who might. beerchug.gif

Anybody suggest a good source for rotors for a 2006 cayenne turbo S.
Anybody? Buehler? Buehler. . . lol-2.gif
sixnotfour
If it has red calipers the rotors are 600 if it has any other calis they are 90.

check the VIN before quoting parts costs
jbachert
QUOTE(aircooledboy @ Jun 26 2013, 10:04 PM) *

Hey guys,I need a little info for a friend, if anybody knows.

Buddy of mine got talked into a 4 wheel brake job on a 2006 Cayenne turbo s. Not his usual type of work, but he does plenty of non-p car brakes, so he figured he could source the parts and handle it. Well, the parts he ordered off the net arrived and not only were clearly crap, but not even correct. His usual sources want a arm and a leg, so knowing I have some Porsche experience, he asked me if i knew a good source for good quality reasonably priced cayenne brake parts. Since i know less than nothing about such things, i thought I'd check with some folks I know who might. beerchug.gif

Anybody suggest a good source for rotors for a 2006 cayenne turbo S.
Anybody? Buehler? Buehler. . . lol-2.gif

Pelican Parts seems to have all the major brands (Zimmerman, ATE) and OEM parts for reasonable prices.

Rotors for example:

http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/shopca..._pg3.htm#item10

I have always had positive results ordering parts from Pelican.
jbachert
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jun 26 2013, 10:09 PM) *

If it has red calipers the rotors are 600 if it has any other calis they are 90

And I agree with sixnotfour. - depending on what brakes it has - some rotors are EXPENSIVE!!
aircooledboy
Saw them yesterday. Big, nasty, 6 piston Red calipers. sad.gif

6 Bills per, huh. wacko.gif E-yikes. WTF.gif

Holy crap. They look to be 750 per on Pelican. Wow.
aircooledboy
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jun 26 2013, 09:09 PM) *

If it has red calipers the rotors are 600 if it has any other calis they are 90.

check the VIN before quoting parts costs

I don't think he's gonna get hurt on the cost. I hope he's just trying to do the best he can for his customer. Boy I hope he didnt quote a total based on the wrong parts. sad.gif
rick 918-S
Check with Eric Shea at PMB. He will very likely know exactly what you need. He has a Cayenne and sells brake stuff. If he can help he may be able to match or beat Pelican.

http://www.pmbperformance.com/catalog.html
sixnotfour
Still based on model and pelican is tough to beat unless your high volume.. although my 600 was less..But ??
Woody
A Turbo S has the two piece rotors. They are different than the standard Turbo and yes they are pricey.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.