Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 71 door window
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MontanaDan
I'm replacing the left side door window on my 71 I have all I need but the spring washers. I've looked at all the usual places (Auto Atlanta, Pelican ...) with no luck. Just seeing if anyone has any idea where to go or the type of spring washer they are. Didn't realize how different types there are.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(MontanaDan @ Jun 26 2013, 10:41 PM) *

I'm replacing the left side door window on my 71 I have all I need but the spring washers. I've looked at all the usual places (Auto Atlanta, Pelican ...) with no luck. Just seeing if anyone has any idea where to go or the type of spring washer they are. Didn't realize how different types there are.

I've purchased them from the local Ace hardware. The wavy washer right?
McMark
Looked through the parts diagrams and couldn't find what you're working on. What exactly does this spring washer attach to?
rhodyguy
they go on the roller posts iirc. star shaped, but not like a locking washer.
Cap'n Krusty
They're made of nylon or some other plastic-like material, and they're not a "spring washer". You're NEVER gonna find them anywhere than a Porsche specialty place. A fellow World member, or a boneyard are gonna be the answer. I sold the last few I had a couple of years ago, sorry.

The Cap'n
MontanaDan
the part number and description are 914 542 217 10 spring washer. From what I have read it looks like I'm going to have to improvise. Thanks for the input.
McMark
Oh THAT!!! Get them here, from 914Rubber.com.
MontanaDan
QUOTE(McMark @ Jun 27 2013, 09:29 PM) *

Oh THAT!!! Get them here, from 914Rubber.com.

that be them thanks biggrin.gif smile.gif
Mikey914
Actually, the star washers help collect dirt and do not act as a spring to any extent. I made stainless washers to work with the delrin rollers.
I sell a complete replacement assembly for all the rollers with washers.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.