BFGoodrich Radial T/A

Tires are???

i'm looking at the following sizes:

Front: P245/50R16 on 8"x16 Wheels
Rear: P265/50R16 on 9"x16 Wheels

any comments on those tires?
idea.gif Andy
Mueller
those are "okay"....I wouldn't push the car as hard as if running more performance type tires...sidewalls should be pretty "plush"...meaning nice smooth ride smile.gif

for a daily driver, no problems, but you don't want to auto-x with those....
Aaron Cox
you must have a chevelle to put these on right? icon8.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Mueller @ Dec 1 2004, 02:34 PM)
for a daily driver, no problems, but you don't want to auto-x with those....

oops, forgot to mention, street only, no track or AX ...
i already got a set of slicks for the track/AX.

street/daily driver only!
driving.gif Andy
Mueller
those should look pretty good on his car with those GT flares....just not too sure about the height of those, they seem like they'd be pretty darn tall..............
SirAndy
QUOTE(Mueller @ Dec 1 2004, 02:37 PM)
those should look pretty good on his car with those GT flares....just not too sure about the height of those, they seem like they'd be pretty darn tall..............

the rears are 4.1% taller than stock, the front 1.0% ...

they should fit just fine, might have to raise the car a bit ...
smile.gif Andy
nebreitling
andy, i'll just come out and say it:

those tires are for rednecks, not germans.

they suck. they're designed to hook up in a straight line (and they do this okay, but not particularly well) and wear fairly well. people put them on trucks. they are NOT designed to carry you around an off ramp at 70 mph.

please, don't. sad.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(nebreitling @ Dec 1 2004, 03:51 PM)
andy, i'll just come out and say it:

those tires are for rednecks, not germans.

they suck. they're designed to hook up in a straight line (and they do this okay, but not particularly well) and wear fairly well. people put them on trucks. they are NOT designed to carry you around an off ramp at 70 mph.

please, don't. sad.gif

i agree... those belongt on bubbas pickup or ranchero unsure.gif
Demick
Ha Ha. I almost put some of those on my MINIVAN since they came in the right size.

Demick
Eric_Shea
I had Touring TA's on my Neunelfer for a long time. For driving around on the street they last a looooooooooooong time and gave a decent ride. I don't know how touring TA's compare to those. I bought them because I couldn't get my car certified on Planet Utah with the Yokohama 0008RS's <_<
SirAndy
i don't care if they scream "redneck" every time i turn a corner.

they were THE ONLY tires i could find in 265/275/285 x 16 ...

if you can find me *any* other brand/model in that size, i'll be more than happy to reconsider ...
unsure.gif Andy
Robert21
had set on my work car 1995 neon , they gave a good
ride , price is right , last a long time. good in rain ,
not the best , good for every day driving .
drove my neon 60,000 miles on them.
nebreitling
damn, that's an odd size...

if you can go 255/50/16 you have lots of choices. pilots, 712's, etc...
SirAndy
QUOTE(nebreitling @ Dec 1 2004, 03:24 PM)
if you can go 255/50/16 you have lots of choices. pilots, 712's, etc...

the GT manual calls for a 285/40 tire.
i suppose i could stretch a 255 on a 9" rim ...

kind of defeats the purpose of a wide rim, but hey ...
<_< Andy
nebreitling
you'll get better grip and a sportier feel with decent 255's than you will with 315 BF T/A's. or.... (cue banjo music)

YEEEEEE-HAWWWWWW happy11.gif
skline
Check out the Dunlop SP Sport 8000 line, they are Z rated. Also, check the Euro TA from Goodrich, more of what you need on your car. Both should come in the size you are looking for.
skline
I just thought of another one, I had a 93 Trans AM that had 16" wheels, it had Falkin tires on it. It gripped the road really well. It was running 245X50X16 all the way around.
Howard
QUOTE(nebreitling @ Dec 1 2004, 03:31 PM)
you'll get better grip and a sportier feel with decent 255's than you will with 315 BF T/A's. or.... (cue banjo music)

YEEEEEE-HAWWWWWW happy11.gif

agree.gif

PO put them on Moby. Even being kind, they suck. But with 8.5 or 9 inch 15's or 16's, you are limited. Can you swap for 17's and get better tires?
lapuwali
I had Euro T/As on an RX-7 a number of years ago, and found them to be the worst "performance" tires I've ever experienced, esp. in the rain. Scary...

At least mount these so the raised white letters on are on the inside...
Aaron Cox
time to get 16" rims....
skline
I have to agree, 17 inch gives you a much wider selection with much better tires.
bryanthompson
QUOTE(Howard @ Dec 1 2004, 05:46 PM)
PO put them on Moby. Even being kind, they suck. But with 8.5 or 9 inch 15's or 16's, you are limited. Can you swap for 17's and get better tires?

Sorry for the hijack, but I love that picture, Howard!! I think i'm gonna go find a hat for my Tiny now biggrin.gif
Howard
QUOTE(bryanthompson @ Dec 1 2004, 08:09 PM)
QUOTE(Howard @ Dec 1 2004, 05:46 PM)
PO put them on Moby.  Even being kind, they suck.  But with 8.5 or 9 inch 15's or 16's, you are limited.  Can you swap for 17's and get better tires?

Sorry for the hijack, but I love that picture, Howard!! I think i'm gonna go find a hat for my Tiny now biggrin.gif

Max will be glad to give his away. He's still not talking to me biggrin.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Dec 1 2004, 06:28 PM)
time to get 16" rims....

huh? confused24.gif

want mine? i have a set of of 8" and 9" ...
biggrin.gif Andy

PS: but more seriously, it looks like the widest in 16 one can get is 255. unsure.gif
skline
Well, going by the size of the car and weight, I cant see running any wider than a 245 on the back of mine. It is just a waste of money in my opinion. I am going to find me some 16" Fuchs, polish them up and run 245X50X16 on the rear and probably a 225X50X16 in the front. Looks good, should handle well too and not be too hard to steer.
SirAndy
QUOTE(skline @ Dec 1 2004, 10:16 PM)
cant see running any wider than a 245 on the back of mine.

too bad 245 is quite a stretch on a 9" ...
it's a perfect fit for the 8" wheels.

i guess 255 in the rear it is. i hope the GT gods won't be pissed ...
sad.gif Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.