Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Foglight rear
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Niklas
QUOTE(Thomas J Bliznik @ Apr 30 2006, 02:25 PM) *

Hey Guys,
Been researching this rear fog light installation & parts required for some time & here is what I believe is "factory correct". I have attached the parts diagram showing brackets, etc.

First thing regarding the correct "factory" suggested mounting. Rear fog light goes on the driver side. height of the fog lamp is determined by bracdet #87 then positioned along side the tail light. Many were mounted differently, but this is factory suggested or was dealer installed.

Here are a few pictures showing misc items. Hopefully I can include all my pics in one frame. Note: one of the pics showing the rear of my fog light has a 911 bracket. I need to find & replace it with bracket #86. Anyone have one?? I need it.

I also need this bracket:

http://www.autoatlanta.com/Porsche-Support...1463116110.html

Anyone got a drawing ?

Niklas
jim_hoyland
Seems like, IIRC, there is a thread showing the dimensions to make the bracket, perhaps someone will chime in with the link

QUOTE(Niklas @ Jun 27 2013, 02:01 PM) *

QUOTE(Thomas J Bliznik @ Apr 30 2006, 02:25 PM) *

Hey Guys,
Been researching this rear fog light installation & parts required for some time & here is what I believe is "factory correct". I have attached the parts diagram showing brackets, etc.

First thing regarding the correct "factory" suggested mounting. Rear fog light goes on the driver side. height of the fog lamp is determined by bracdet #87 then positioned along side the tail light. Many were mounted differently, but this is factory suggested or was dealer installed.

Here are a few pictures showing misc items. Hopefully I can include all my pics in one frame. Note: one of the pics showing the rear of my fog light has a 911 bracket. I need to find & replace it with bracket #86. Anyone have one?? I need it.

I also need this bracket:

http://www.autoatlanta.com/Porsche-Support...1463116110.html

Anyone got a drawing ?

Niklas

Niklas
I canĀ“t find it. I know that I have seen it.
Gustl
contact Tom Bliznik - a couple of years back I sent him mine
IIRC he used it as "master" to do a little run of repros
IIRC Eric Shea got one for his GT Repro

good luck !

Niklas
I can make new ones if I just get the drawing.
I can order them in stainless made by a waterjet.

I make the drawings for them in autocad.

Niklas
Eric_Shea
I had mine made at a local metal fabricator using Toms as a guide and the backing plate as a template.
Hawk
Sign me up as customer #1 if you're making more copies.
TJB/914
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jun 29 2013, 07:36 AM) *

I had mine made at a local metal fabricator using Toms as a guide and the backing plate as a template.

Hawk & others,
Stay calm everyone, I have a scaled dwg. & enough info to make a few. The problem, I am on vacation for a few weeks and everything is at my downstate place. More later in a few weeks.

Dick, I will have a sample before your Germany trip.

Tom
montoya 73 2.0
Put me dowm for a bracket. I was going to model (draw) one using all the pics but now I dont have too.
Hawk
Not only are you the 2013 Parade Full Concours winner, but a Full Prince. Enjoy the Lake, I have plenty of car projects now, talk later this Summer.
ConeDodger
Me! Me! Me! biggrin.gif
rhd914
I'd be interested in 2 brackets.
Geoff
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.