Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tow Needed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Brando
Howdy. After Der Oel Leak I was able to coast/push my car home. Now i gotta get it to my shop. I dont have a truck and/or trailer and I was hoping someone nearby may be able to help me get my car to the shop (less than 4 miles away albeit) here in Riverside, CA. Last service call from AAA cost $90 to have my car towed in September. Tonight or tomorrow anytime would be awesome. I do have some cash if anyone can help, but not nearly enough to pay AAA.

TIA. smile.gif

PS: I'm at work and can't be on the net long. Please call or e-mail:
909-453-6435 / brando@ogsth.com
MattR
If you're a AAA member, they should tow within a 7 mile radius at no charge.
anthony
IMO, 914 ownership goes hand in hand with a AAA Plus account.

Why not just call all the tow places in your area? I'm sure you could find a deal if they can tow it outside of commute hours. BTW, if you have a friend with AAA they can have the car towed for you.
Aaron Cox
AAA tows the 7 mile radius....free
Brando
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Dec 1 2004, 03:57 PM)
AAA tows the 7 mile radius....free

You get that option, free, three times a year. I've used 4. I no longer get 'free' tows of any sort with AAA until next year.

Also, I only got like $10. sad.gif
DrifterJay
can brando use somebodies card? Or can they call for him?
DrifterJay
hell yeah...power to the broke people! aktion035.gif had 1.25 until I got paid last night....
DrifterJay
ya know...me and my buddy could bring "the chain" if your car was an a/c car....but be quiet about that one...not to many know about "the chain..." lol....Towed my car for 5 miles hooked up too one...Was able to stop his 03 Silverado with my teener.... biggrin.gif
Aaron Cox
on the front pan, there is a tow hook welded on you know wink.gif

find someone with a truck and a chain...
tod914
I always wondered how good are those 30 year old tow hooks that are tack welded on? I cringe everytime I have had the car put onto a flatbed with that, anticipating it to break off.
Brad Roberts
Dont tow with that hook. It will come off. Put the chain around the control arm (where it comes together just under the nose of the car)

B
campbellcj
I feel for ya bro. After a $300 tow (yikes) a few years ago, when a car died in the boonies 110 miles from home on a Sunday, I now keep a AAA Gold/Plus/whatever card on board at all times.

To cap it off this was due to a <$10 plastic part that could not be diagnosed, acquired or replaced on the side of the road where the effin' car died, and I couldn't leave the car there all night and come back later as it was the middle of nowhere. What a day that was.

If you do try the "buddy and a tow rope" approach on your own, try not to attract attention or do it in the middle of the night dressed in your warm, dark clothes which happen to look a lot like amateur car thieves. Back in my college days a buddy and I had an interesting cop encounter along those lines; one of our more brilliant adventures.
John Kelly
If possible, use a rope if you are going to pull it. A chain tranfers too much shock...been there done that. You will want to keep it taut as much as possible by dragging the brakes a little here and there...go slow and have a sign in the back window, maybe the cops will take pity..or laugh, I've had that happen.

John www.ghiaspecialties.com
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.