Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: craptastic
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TonyAKAVW
I can thank my uncle for giving me this wonderful affliction. I managed to live for 26 years without contracting chicken pox and then on thanksgiving my uncle is there. He had just had shingles 10 days before. Apparently shingles is caused by the same varicella virus so I must have contracted it from him.

Went to the doctor today and she said "If you are three days into it and this is as bad as it is, then you're getting away with murder." So I guess that means so far I'm lucky. Apparently it _can_ cause you to be hospitalized if you get it as an adult. Then I find out there's a vaccine available! So anyway, I'm at home for at least another week. If only I could work on the 914 during this time!!!

-Tony
Jenny
Did you thank your uncle for giving you the pox? How nice of him to bring that to the whole family for thanksgiving dinner. huh.gif

I had it as a freshman in high school. Got to postpone two finals, and lay in bed watching OJ's bronco speed down LA's freeway with chopper 4 in hot pursuit. Good luck!

Jen
redshift
Sue your uncle.

smile.gif

I had pox when I was very young, it was miserable then.

I have a neat scar right between my eyes..

M
rick 918-S
That will never heal if you don't stop picking.... (the riddler) laugh.gif
Joe Bob
QUOTE(redshift @ Dec 1 2004, 04:13 PM)
Sue your uncle.

smile.gif

I had pox when I was very young, it was miserable then.

I have a neat scar right between my eyes..

M

That's a ten foot pole mark....
TonyAKAVW
I actually did call my uncle today and thanked him. So I'm sure I'll get some kind of funny christmas present out of this.

I remember watching OJ as well. I also remember how our high school which was an inner city school was kept in a sort of lockdown state when the verdict came out to prevent riots.

-Tony
Howard
QUOTE(mikez @ Dec 1 2004, 04:20 PM)

Damn, you're GOOD! smile.gif
Mark Henry
Still not as bad as shingles...I've had them for something like 3 months now and I'm still not 100% over them.
Hurt like a muderfucher.

If you hadn't touched them (somehow you did, spread by direct contact only) you wouldn't have got the pox.
jwalters
ohmy.gif Dude, that is freakish---I finally got them when I was 26 also, got it from my firstborn non-the-less!!! I was covered, scalp to foot pads--the most miserable ever in my life ( And I was at the first desert storm war in the Navy!!) I feel your pain---look ohmy.gif wink.gif biggrin.gif

The best thing that I found that helped me, was to fill the tub with barley warm to hot water and dropped about 25 single packs of TEA..yes tea bags in it and brewed my bath---the tea has a cleansing property-----was absolutely fantastic!!!!! beer.gif beer.gif beer.gif

Hope you feel better soon--took me three weeks to fully get over it
cnavarro
I got chicken pox three times when I was growing up. Always when we were going to go on vacation every summer. Two last times weren't bad at all, but still makes you miserable nonetheless. Nothing as bad as mono when I was in college- I was sick for over a year. On the bright side, my girlfriend (now wife) took care of me the whole time and I somehow still managed to graduate on time even with two quarters with 1/2 a load.

Charles Navarro
LN Engineering
http://www.LNengineering.com
Aircooled Precision Performance
redshift
QUOTE(mikez @ Dec 1 2004, 08:20 PM)

cool_shades.gif

-snaps fingers-

-henchmen arrive at mike's-

-acting as neighbors, henchmen go on to tell mike's wife that they can see his ass through the new window-

M
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.