Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB Dellorto 45's rebuild
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
tweet
Need someone that knows what they are doing. Would like to have someone rebuild them to same specs they are now. They are frozen, I soaked them for some time, so I will not be keeping any internals that can degrade with time or mineral spirits. Want a top down rebuild, no cutting corners. PM me with your offers and expertise. Don't need anyone wanting to experiment, because I can do that for myself. I am also open to referrals and recommendations. I am in South Florida, would prefer a local guy, but I am willing to ship them.
thanks,
dan
type2man
QUOTE(tweet @ Jun 28 2013, 03:36 PM) *

Need someone that knows what they are doing. Would like to have someone rebuild them to same specs they are now. They are frozen, I soaked them for some time, so I will not be keeping any internals that can degrade with time or mineral spirits. Want a top down rebuild, no cutting corners. PM me with your offers and expertise. Don't need anyone wanting to experiment, because I can do that for myself. I am also open to referrals and recommendations. I am in South Florida, would prefer a local guy, but I am willing to ship them.
thanks,
dan

I can rebuild them if they are in good shape or sell/trade you a set if they turn out to be junk. I am also in Miami. I need a few parts for my 74.
McMark
If they're that corroded, make sure you pull the lead plugs and clean out all the passages.
tweet
QUOTE(McMark @ Jul 1 2013, 12:49 AM) *

If they're that corroded, make sure you pull the lead plugs and clean out all the passages.

I have no idea on what the internals look like, because I did not want to mess with them. But, I'm not cutting corners. Everything will be addressed, that needs to be. The carbs are barely used, and the car has been garaged for 20 years. This was damage done by the water the fire department put down the carbs with their high pressure hose. Something that never occurred to me to check for. It froze the carbs, pistons, and corroded the manifolds in between. Everything else on the engine looks new. No wear on anything. This engine had already been rebuilt, and the car had been fully restored and customized. Even after all of this, would you believe the car did not rust. The only surface oxidation is in the engine bay where the fire burned the paint.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.