Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Best Fluid To use For Vac Leak Test
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Eric Taylor
Hey all, I'm gona be testing vac leaks here in a little bit and I was wondering what fluid to use to test it. I thought it was break cleaner, but I also thought I heard that it was to flamable to use, I also heard water, but I also heard that dosn't do anything, so basically i'm curious as to what is a safe liquid to use when testing vac leaks?
Thanks,
Eric
TimT
I use Berrymans Carb cleaner, Yo can use anything that will change the note of the engine when it finds a leak ether... gumout

ie something combustible
Bleyseng
Safe? Hell, I always have used starting fluid but use just alittle bit at a time instead of spraying the crap all over. If its a vacuum leak the rpms go up if you spray alot you get so much in the engine compartment the rpms go up anyway.

Geoff biggrin.gif
redshift
Yeah on the carb cleaner... if yu can fix a little extension straw thing in it, like WD-40 has, do it... and just a tap here... wait.... tap there... wait..

Instead of all that, you could put blue dye in the oil, and plug your pipes with a tater.. all you have to do is wait.

HAH!

M
qa1142
I use propane torch (not lit). RPM increases and pin-point accuracy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.