Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: L-JET Fuel pump
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
malcolm2
I KNOW that I plumbed the under tank stuff correctly. Last resort, I'll pull the damn tank and look. Here is the deal. Car won't start. 25 months of work and it won't start. Pump runs but makes funny noises.

I put my red lead of my meter on the hot side of the pump, and the black one on the ground wire side. I pulled the pump thru the hole. I got + (positive) 11-ish volts. So that being said I have the wires on the correct terminals, or is that a good test for that?

I took the fill neck off and watch as the key is turned and it sure looks like bubbles coming up thru the sock.

Plumbing or wiring?
jesiv
I had the same problem... Make sure you don't have a kink in your fuel line. I added a little too much extra line.
malcolm2
QUOTE(jesiv @ Jun 28 2013, 08:51 PM) *

I had the same problem... Make sure you don't have a kink in your fuel line. I added a little too much extra line.

I did have the hoses mixed up. OOPS. Fixed, but still no start. I read a post last night about the seat belt relay. Did the govm't have a NO START policy? I don't ever remember that. Just the buzzer.

I have fuel pressure....40ish PSI.
I have spark.

All those wires under the passenger seat are all there, mounted to a relay block, but no relay. My wiring diagram for 75 &76 cars says nothing about a seat belt relay.

What is next?
jesiv
I guess the only thing I would add is that my pump was loud with the kink and silent without the kink. Good luck!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.