Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Calling all PNW teeners drive in meet 9/14 at the drive in Newberg
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Mikey914
Thought it would be nice to do a get together on 9/14 as it's a Saturday.
There is a really cool drive-in in Newberg Or
http://www.99w.com/aboutus.htm

Who's up for it?
JRust
I'm down
drgchapman
Great idea Mark!
I'm in Half Moon Bay that weekend.
Damn!
ConeDodger
You guys know Oregon is not part of the PNW right? av-943.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif
Black22
Would love to meet up, but.I've got east coast relatives visiting during that time. sad.gif

Maybe next time.
mstein95
I'll be there.

bye1.gif
montoya 73 2.0
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jun 29 2013, 07:32 AM) *

You guys know Oregon is not part of the PNW right? av-943.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif

I was certainly schooled on that subject the other day! WTF.gif av-943.gif The admins need to create a new "region of association", we need a "Almost PNW"!

Southern Oregon "not" part of the PNW...

sgetsiv
I'm pretty sure I can make it. Sounds like fun!
warpig
I am totally there dude!! beerchug.gif
Mikey914
QUOTE(Black22 @ Jun 29 2013, 09:33 AM) *

Would love to meet up, but.I've got east coast relatives visiting during that time. sad.gif

Maybe next time.

Bring em
We'll show them how we roll west coast style biggrin.gif
Mikey914
QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ Jun 29 2013, 11:54 AM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jun 29 2013, 07:32 AM) *

I was certainly schooled on that subject the other day! WTF.gif av-943.gif The admins need to create a new "region of association", we need a "Almost PNW"!

Southern Oregon "not" part of the PNW...

It's ok Drew you can come bye1.gif
Mikey914
Still trying to rally a few cars up for this. We should be on their events schedule shortly.
ben*james
I'm in! Great idea... smile.gif
cary
Are we eating or going to the movies? LOL.

I think the drive in theater in Newberg about the last in the area.
PDXMike
I'm in.
Mikey914
QUOTE(cary @ Aug 6 2013, 06:25 PM) *

Are we eating or going to the movies? LOL.

I think the drive in theater in Newberg about the last in the area.

Usually best to get there a little early, we usually stop and get a Pizza at Abbys. The Taco Pizza is pretty good.
We can take it in and have a little dinner and BS while we wait for the sun to go down. Beverages of your choice are ok on the DL.
-Mark
sportlicherFahrer
Might try to make it if the guys up here dont have anything going on.
mstein95
That would be way cool Jim. Been too long - five/six years?
sportlicherFahrer
Think its been 7 years... 2006 was the last year I was really doing teener tuesdays with the blue car. She still lives on though. I have parts from all 3 of my previous 914's on my silver car.
mstein95
As they say here in Eugene - Reuse, Recycle
piratenanner.gif

Miss the blue car - it was SWEET!
Mikey914
It's official we're on
http://www.99w.com/events/
JRust
Looking forward to this next weekend! Who all is coming besides me again?
icon_bump.gif
Mike Knox
icon_bump.gif

Still can't drive my 914-6 that far, transmission problems. Gone through multiple seals trying to plug a leak. When I drive it looks and smells as though I have a smudge pot in the trunk. headbang.gif

(for those of you who didn't grow up in orchard country: a smudge pot is a diesel oil fired heater used to protect fruit buds from frost. They put out copious amounts of smoke)

On the bright side, I'm signed up for Dr. Evil"s tranny clinic in Sonoma at McMark's. So then I'll have a gen-you-whine 914-6 geared box for 2014. cheer.gif

Mike Knox
PDXMike
The wife and I will be there.
BKLA
Be there... Need to finish my CV joint/ axle repair this week!
JRust
Not sure if it will be my son or my wife who comes with me. I'm really looking forward to it though. We doing any driving before the drive-in?
Mikey914
The drive in opens at 6:30, we need to be in line about 6:00 as it will fill up quickly. Abby's Pizza is good to take in, call ahead and order.

Also there is a project to help save drive in's Honda id donating 5 digital projectors to the drive in's that get the most votes. There is a link on the website. If you can vote it will help them.

http://www.99w.com/index.htm

JRust
Are we getting our own row? Like the first row?
mstein95
Not gonna miss it - will be there with the fam.
Mikey914
We have to get there and get in line. we can go every other car to save a few spots, but no we didn't get a special area. I'm still workking on it, but can I get a count now, we've had a few in and out looks like 6-8 cars from what I can tell.
-Mark
JRust
I suppose if we caravan in we will get to be by each other. Just hoping we could get up front so we arent stuck behind big trucks or SUVs.
Mikey914
We could meet at Abby's at 5:00PM get some food then go in. I'm trying to work something out for placement, but I need a good count.
JRust
Gotcha! Well I'm in plus 1 passenger biggrin.gif
JRust
I am going to change myself to a doubful sad.gif . My wife reminded me my nephew is getting married saturday at 4. Of course they are doing it in Waldport (why there I have no idea since no family on either side live there). So I don't see anyway I can go to it & make it up to Newberg. I will give it a serious try. If the wedding goes quick. I will bolt as soon as I can. I would skip it altogether. He's barely 18 & I really don't approve. Then I'd be an a$$hole though. So I'll go as he is a good kid overall. So keep your fingers crossed that the cerimony actually starts at 4. I will have a good 2 & 1/2 hour drive to get to Newberg from Waldport. So odds are I am just screwed & can't make it sad.gif . I'll update when I know more
drgchapman
I'm a no show.
Meeting in Half Moon Bay at the Ritz Carlton...Damn....
Pursang
I'm going to make this. The drive from the Tualatin Valley up and over Chehalem Pass is a great ride. Asking for clarification on timing though. Are we meeting at the Drive-In entrance at 5PM or at the Pizza place at whatever time? I will likely not stay for a movie but would enjoy seeing some other cars and meeting owners.

IPB Image

IPB Image
ben*james
Me +1. Picked up Fergs old 3.2 narrow body this afternoon. Can't wait to drive it out there. Timing is a tricky though, depends on the sitter smile.gif
Mikey914
Looks like about 6 cars Allen from A&P auto (my mechanic) is going to bring his 914.
Plan to meet at Abby's at 5:00, If you can't make that, the gates open at 6:30, the movie will start when it gets dark 7;30 ish.

Playing this week
PACIFIC RIM
Rated PG13 - Runtime 131 min

THE CONJURING
Rated R - Runtime 112 min

Pursang
Hope to meet you guys at the Pizza place. I'm gonna skip the movies though. At my age I cannot think of a more uncomfortable seating arrangement for a two hour movie. blink.gif
ben*james
Allan's worked on my 914s. Wonder if he still has that grey six.... idea.gif

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Sep 12 2013, 11:26 PM) *

Looks like about 6 cars Allen from A&P auto (my mechanic) is going to bring his 914.
Plan to meet at Abby's at 5:00, If you can't make that, the gates open at 6:30, the movie will start when it gets dark 7;30 ish.

Playing this week
PACIFIC RIM
Rated PG13 - Runtime 131 min

THE CONJURING
Rated R - Runtime 112 min

Mikey914
He has a 1.8 2 owner 80k car he has for sale that he's planning on taking.
JRust
I still want to be there. Going to try but if the wedding is drawn out I'm not going to bother. Wish we had something going earlier in the day. I could do a morning meet no problem sad.gif
rick_cv
Count me in for pizza, movie maybe. Anybody caravaning from Portland's west side? I will probably head down Farmington to 219.
Pursang
QUOTE(rick_cv @ Sep 13 2013, 02:06 PM) *

Count me in for pizza, movie maybe. Anybody caravaning from Portland's west side? I will probably head down Farmington to 219.

I live off of Farmington. Will be leaving to go over Chehalem Pass (219). What say we meet at the Chevron on Scholls Ferry, just west of Murray about 4PM? PM me with your answer or post up here if you prefer.
scotty
QUOTE(Pursang @ Sep 13 2013, 03:12 PM) *

QUOTE(rick_cv @ Sep 13 2013, 02:06 PM) *

I live off of Farmington. Will be leaving to go over Chehalem Pass (219). What say we meet at the Chevron on Scholls Ferry, just west of Murray about 4PM? PM me with your answer or post up here if you prefer.

I'm in for pizza the first feature smile.gif
...also up for meeting at the chevron @4 (210-219-99w?) driving.gif
Pursang
QUOTE(scotty @ Sep 13 2013, 07:16 PM) *

I'm in for pizza the first feature smile.gif
...also up for meeting at the chevron @4 (210-219-99w?) driving.gif

That'd be the route. You are correct, Sir!
scotty
Cool. See you there.
rick_cv
Sounds good. See you at 4.

Mikey914
See you all there today!
scotty
Oops! No movie for me... the spousal unit is coming now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.