Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where to find New Stock 1.7 Cylinder Sets
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nyum96
I have looked for stock Mahle 90mm Pistons sets everywhere. My rebuild starts next week so I need to act on a purchase. Is there anyone here that can give me direction on where to find a new set or can sell me a set? I have found some for $529. Anything lower?

BB
URY914
Where is everywhere?

aircooled.net ?
nyum96
I should say 90mm with 914 stock compression. I did check aircooled.net but no go. Wrong compression. Maybe I e-mailed the wrong person there. Is there a big diffence with 7.5:1 compression and the high compression of the stock914 1.7? Trying to justify...

Everywhere is Mahle distributers in the south (no reply or # disconnected), Almost every vw site..... Still, can get the 7.5 dished......... but not what I am looking for.

BB
Mark Henry
If you were closer I'd give you a good used set...just needs rings. Shipping from here would be spendy though.

The dished pistons won't make a big HP difference.
Jake Raby
OEM domed sets are NLA..... Whatever is left are NOS sets..
cnavarro
For that price, you might as well have me make a set of JEs and just overbore your existing cylinders a tad (1mm). That shouldn't throw anything off too bad that can't be adjusted. Then you could have the CR you want and a damn good piston!

Charles Navarro
LN Engineering
http://www.LNengineering.com
Aircooled Precision Performance
Jake Raby
Or rebush your rods to 22mm and use a 90.5mm TI piston in a .5mm overbored cylinder boldblue.gif
Joe Ricard
nyum96
You have a PM
McMark
You got a race rulebook to live by? If it's a street car, why the stock engine? Since nobody else asked. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.