Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Doris named her car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
nine14cats
Formally introducing...."Leeloo"

IPB Image

Named after the character in the movie "5th Element". The girls have similar colored "tops" and they kick ass! aktion035.gif

IPB Image

Bill P.
Woody
Very nice. Looking forward to seeing how this turns out. popcorn[1].gif
Mblizzard
Very cool! Great car. Great name.
Randal
Great movie and a great name. Don't forget:

Me fifth element - supreme being. Me protect you.
nine14cats
QUOTE(Randal @ Jun 29 2013, 04:09 PM) *

Great movie and a great name. Don't forget:

Me fifth element - supreme being. Me protect you.

piratenanner.gif
Randal

And she will look even better around 1800lbs. biggrin.gif
Rand
I like the license plate, but I guess you're going to have to change that. After all there needs to be a new secret that only she can hold.

Congrats! How cool is this?
McMark
Great name! first.gif
SirAndy
smilie_pokal.gif
ThePaintedMan
That is really cool! "Chicken.... good."

Could we see some more pics (of the car)?
nine14cats
Here you go George! More pics of Leeloo....

Here she is from the side wearing the Canti's.

IPB Image
nine14cats
Front End shot....

IPB Image

and Rear End shot...

IPB Image
nine14cats
Dash shot 1....

IPB Image

and Dash shot 2

IPB Image
nine14cats
Only wiper motor left...

IPB Image
nine14cats
Front Trunk...

IPB Image

Oil Cooler ducting...

IPB Image
nine14cats
Rear Trunk....

IPB Image

another of the rear trunk...

IPB Image
nine14cats
3.2 Carrera motor. 231 RWHP... happy11.gif

IPB Image

Patrick Motorsports 914-6 oil tank...

IPB Image
nine14cats
Leeloo's first mod per Doris...a cool suit system!

IPB Image
nine14cats
And the payoff...a happy driver!

IPB Image
Trekkor
Talk about coming full circle...

KT
nine14cats
QUOTE(Trekkor @ Jul 3 2013, 09:40 PM) *

Talk about coming full circle...

KT

Yeah...except this time it's her car! w00t.gif

Bill P.
J P Stein
From the "non-cutsie" file.
How is Doris gonna like something like this? biggrin.gif
nine14cats
Hey JP,

She has mandated a "zero windshield cutoff" policy, but other than that, the mods are free for my choosing.

It's amazing, but there is plenty to come off the car quickly and with slight effort that will yield some nice weight loss.

Bill P.
ThePaintedMan
Wow, what a beautiful car, (as well as Doris). Just my style - simple and functional. I'd like to get my fiancee tracking one day. She just got a Miata and seems interested. If you get around to selling that car oh, say, 10 years from now, let me know smile.gif

Keep up posted on the updates. The rear valence looks AWESOME!
john rogers
Well it looks like the cool shirt is going to be handy for the CA racing. Some things you might want to do to help the car and the driver:
- Raise the rear of the Targa top about 1 1/2 inches with some aluminum spacers, through bolts into riv-nuts that are into the roll bar sheet metal. This will allow more air inside the car, break the vacuum behind the read window and allow additional air for the air cooled engine.

- Remove the stock windshield wiper mechanism, it weighs a ton and if you have to have one, get a small one from a boat supply company such as West Marine. Saves weight and is good to well over 100MPH.

- Get a memory type of tach such as an Autometer recall so she can see how tight the engine is winding.

- I don't remember seeing a shift light, if none is present, I'd suggest one as watching a tach can be distracting.

- Tilt the gas pedal over to the left with a spacer under the right side hold down bolt, makes it much easier to go from gas to brake.

- Install a bis ass'd dead pedal so she can stomp down with the left foot when stomping down with the right, makes the driver happier!

Great looking car! Makes me surely miss mine.
Jeroen
Doris is looking good in her new ride!
grantsfo
QUOTE(nine14cats @ Jul 4 2013, 08:44 AM) *

Hey JP,

She has mandated a "zero windshield cutoff" policy, but other than that, the mods are free for my choosing.

It's amazing, but there is plenty to come off the car quickly and with slight effort that will yield some nice weight loss.

Bill P.

Yeah I can see a ton of weight that can come off but honestly I'd keep it like it is. It's a very pretty car and has enough power to overcome the weight of pretty chrome bumpers and other metal bits. I'd focus more on suspension and tire development.
Krieger
I just noticed the mother of all shift lights on her dash!
Woody
QUOTE(Krieger @ Jul 14 2013, 10:00 PM) *

Most likely an oil pressure light.
nine14cats
QUOTE(Woody @ Jul 15 2013, 11:02 AM) *

QUOTE(Krieger @ Jul 14 2013, 10:00 PM) *

Most likely an oil pressure light.

Yep...oil pressure light! smilie_pokal.gif
pcar916
Beautiful car and that she's perfect in it. If you don't already, I'd take those euro lenses off for track days. Expensive lesson learned before I discovered that. They don't like tire walls, even gentle ones!

I'm running the same torsion bars and sway bar in the front as you are and I like the combination, but I'm agreeing with the splitter addition along with a rear wing if it's allowed in your class. Transforms the car.

Shiny side up!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.