Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: what would happen?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DrifterJay
ok...I am bored....stuck at home.....nothing to do...just have time...anyways....I have two extra engines...a race motor...1911...and stock 1.8...what would happen if I put some big valve heads on a stock engine? Would it even run...if so...how underpowered would it be?
redshift
I dunno, why don't you hook it all up, kick the starter, and lets see what the valve clearance was!?

smile.gif

M
Aaron Cox
idea.gif
redshift
mad.gif

Aaron!

M
tracks914
Man thats alot of posts you're showing there Miles. 54thousand+...do you sleep?
Aaron Cox
hes a vivtim of the bulk post test.. he is not a real person. hes a software progam i created. my puppet if you will wink.gif
skline
Actually, do you remember the guy that made a comment about some people posting to every thread and not making any contribution what so ever to the topic? They were talking about Miles. He is just a software program just like the Bots on IRC. The picture of him on the top is a modified picture of Peter Frampton with dark hair. lol2.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif
DrifterJay
thanx guys...lots of help biggrin.gif
Jake Raby
Sure it would run...

A set of 44x36 valves are one of my keys to making the stock engine actually have a powerband...

Just don't go wild and run a 48x38, thats a waste of time and it mathmatically kills the engine, except at 2,000 RPM and below..
redshift
Look at this thread, perfection!

Entertaining, AND informative... finally.

M
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.