Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Allan
My wife has recently become obsessed with a singer and is making me listen AND watch his DVD. Have any of you heard of Josh Groban? AAAAHHHH my ears!!!!! headbang.gif icon8.gif
Joe Bob
Oh God....kill me now. I just heard two clips...... icon8.gif barf.gif headbang.gif
skline
That is why we have garages, just go out and close the door and turn the heater on and go to work on the car. That is what I am doing. Car is almost ready to roll. DMV appointment on Friday and it will be cruising to Joe's this weekend. It will look like crap but I am so excited to actually drive this car.
Eric_Shea
Get an attorney. Doesn't even have to be a good attorney. Just mention Josh Groban and the Judge will, well... understand.

(Mile's, didn't you Produce that last Groban CD?) w00t.gif
SpecialK
Josh Groban is the greatest!! wub.gif .......(sacrasm!)

My wife had the same infatuation with Kip Winger. She actually thought it would be cool to hang a poster of him in "My" garage <_< .......riiiight!
ppickerell
I have been recently inflicting on my family a CD by a San Francisco Folk Singer who sounds like Shirley Temple on Helium. Check out Joanna Newsome. AMAZING LYRICIST with a truly bizarre voice.
Eric_Shea
Kip's 4ft. tall... laugh.gif
SpecialK
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Dec 1 2004, 08:17 PM)
Kip's 4ft. tall... laugh.gif

Yeah, my wife found out when she got his autograph after a concert at Mississippi Nights (nightclub) and was looking down at him....."He looked alot bigger on MTV!" biggrin.gif

He and his band (at the time) used to play at some of the High School parties I went to in CO, he was kind of a :dhead: , but they sounded good!
redshift
Kip Winger is dreamy!

M
Eric_Shea
Reb's my fav... wub.gif
Carlitos Way
This is going to sound "oh so wrong" coming from a straight guy... but I happen to like Josh Groban... and have a lot of requests to sing his songs at my karaoke show.
Eric_Shea
This is going to sound "oh so wrong" coming from a straight guy... but I happen to like Josh Groban...

Correct. That is "oh so wrong" ohmy.gif

biggrin.gif
jwalters
ohmy.gif Ohh my gosh.....I cannot believe I just read all these notes... headbang.gif headbang.gif icon8.gif icon8.gif

I am now having to intravenus supply my brain with Led Zepplin to get relief wacko.gif wacko.gif wacko.gif
dflesburg
Black Flag forever...

... the orginal A in a circle.... @
Allan
Anybody ever listen to gentle giant? Good stuff.
URY914
Is that the goofy looking guy at sang the Nat A at the super bowl?

Total Dip Shit in my book.
Allan
Yep that's him.
SGB
Gentle Giant? oh you're showing your roots! 13th floor elevators too? At least I have no clue who Josh and Kip are. Ignorance is bliss...
scruz914
Allen,

Go with it. You will be on her good side and chances are her infatuation will subside. You don't have to like the music. Just let her do her thing and bear with it. If she knows it annoys you she may pile it on just to pull your chain. You could easily deal with it if it was one of your kids. The wife, that's another thing.

Good Luck!
Allan
Oh, I'll bear with it for awhile. She actually went to his concert at the Greek theater back in September and it has spiraled out of control since. Next she is trying to get me to go see him in Vegas in March. I can probably weasel my way out of that one. She went through the same thing a year or so ago after seeing Elton John. Just finally got over that about 5 or 6 months ago.
nebreitling
omg, that is grounds for divorce in my book, and i am not in the least joking. that's what scares me about marriage; situations exactly like this.
Jenny
Let's reverse the tables a bit now... What if, say, my SO can't bear to tear himself away from the playstation and big screen. Is that any different? I suppose he's not making me play it as well, but we're in a 1bdrm apartment, and I'm subjected to it everytime I'm not in the bedroom. And even in there, I can hear the subwoofer.

Jen
StratPlayer
Buy her some Josh Groben CD's for Christmas,, she'll love you forever.

ö¿ö
nebreitling
QUOTE(Jenny @ Dec 2 2004, 11:44 AM)
Let's reverse the tables a bit now... What if, say, my SO can't bear to tear himself away from the playstation and big screen. Is that any different? I suppose he's not making me play it as well, but we're in a 1bdrm apartment, and I'm subjected to it everytime I'm not in the bedroom. And even in there, I can hear the subwoofer.

Jen

if he makes you play it with him, it's wrong.

if you can't be in your apt. without hearing him blast away space predators or something, it's slightly less wrong, but still not cool. buy him some headphones for Xmas.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.