Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hella 500s
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ezbngreen914
I got some Hella 500s as I experiment with bolt on (and off) modifications to my car. I'm looking for ideas on where to mount/place the Relay and the Switch as well as where to run the lines. What have any of you done? Any advice? Do or Don'ts? Thanks everybody!
ezbngreen914
Click to view attachment
I know how everyone like pictures. beerchug.gif
and thanks to David at Rennenmetal for the brackets.
Mike Bellis
I'm running mine on the factory relay and wiring... My car did not have stock driving lights. My Hella's are mounted to "L" brackets with blank grill panels in the bumper...

Click to view attachment

HarveyH
Click to view attachment

Not really OE type mounting - angle iron bolted to the bottom edge of the bumper, between the bumper and the valence. Fine for fog lights but too low for driving lights...

Harvey
ezbngreen914
QUOTE(HarveyH @ Jun 30 2013, 03:38 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Not really OE type mounting - angle iron bolted to the bottom edge of the bumper, between the bumper and the valence. Fine for fog lights but too low for driving lights...

Harvey

Where did you put the Relay and switch? I'm trying to figure out if its best to put the relay in the engine compartment or in the cab somewhere maybe under the passenger seat and the switch under the dash. Any thoughts?
ezbngreen914
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Jun 30 2013, 12:16 AM) *

I'm running mine on the factory relay and wiring... My car did not have stock driving lights. My Hella's are mounted to "L" brackets with blank grill panels in the bumper...

Click to view attachment

I just saw some of your videos on Youtube. I guess you had to keep something stock lol-2.gif Damn, nice work!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.