Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 1973 914 - Origiinal 2.0 car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
flat4tom
1973 Porsche 914 with its original GA block 2.0 liter engine. I have receipts for the engine and transmission rebuild totaling over 6500.00 a several years ago. Probably less than 30K miles on it since rebuilding. Has original D-Jet fuel injection. Runs and handles great. Corners like it is on rails.

The car has a higher performance hydraulic camshaft that requires no valve adjustments. Due to it's hydraulic lifter camshaft, it idles somewhat rough but it sounds good! It also has a Pertronix electronic ignition. This car is set up to get in it and go. All of the normal maintenance items (valve and breaker points adjustments) are no longer needed. Has the original 4 bolt Fuchs alloys - all five of them including the spare. The spare has never been on the ground, tire still has the little 'nibs' on it. The wheel inserts are painted body color - red - on all wheels except the spare.

The following work has been done on the car while I've owned it:
A rebuilt F.I. Manifold pressure sender with the correct year and model from Geoff here at 914world.com
4 rebuilt fuel injectors
All new vacuum lines
New K&N air filter
New ignition switch
Tune up
New fuel lines in the tunnel -replaced the original plastic style with metal lines
New fuel lines under the tank.
Fuel pump relocated to under the fuel tank.
Optima battery.
Rear trunk lift struts.
Mobil 1 15-50 oil.

Car has the following extras...
Shortened shifter. Makes for less lever throw and is more precise.
Bursh exhaust (is pretty loud)
Stainless steel heat exchangers
Pioneer Super Tuner and external amp (not connected at the moment as it needs speakers, I have new larger speakers housings I will include for 6.5 round speakers.) It works and sounds good. It's not connected due to my replacing the door panels that had speakers in them with uncut originals and wanting to move them back to their original location in the foot wells. I hate speakers cut into door panels.
Original center console - all gauges except the clock work
916 style front and rear bumpers
Rear PORSCHE reflector. I started to mount an electric trunk release. It's mounted but not fully connected yet.
Front fog lights - they are new brighter aftermarket units that fit perfectly.
Front AND rear sway bars

Issues... bear in mind this is a 40 year old car that has been well taken care of, however there are a few issues...
Exhaust leak on the driver side.
The paint is probably 20+ years old so it has a few cosmetic issues such as a few paint chips and small scratches here and there.
The only rust I've seen small bubbles on the drivers side side pillar, and some in the trunk due to leaking tail light gaskets. The silver paint in the trunk is a rust inhibitor paint that sealed it.. Picture is included.
A lower section of the vinyl on the driver seat left bolster is missing.
The dome light only works when you use it's switch, not the door switches.

If you're looking for a very nice driver that will turn heads here it is. Asking 7500.00 or make me a serious offer. Cash sale only. Call 530-474-4186 with any questions. Car is located 25 miles east of Redding, CA.

Just lowered the price today 7/3/13.
flat4tom
Bump for the 4th of July... lowered price to 7.5K. Thx for looking.
tr709
Do you know the history of the car? How long have you had it? How are the typical rust areas?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.