Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whats with the 914 LE interest on Ebay?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JeffBowlsby
Here is another superb Creamsicle on Ebay!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2416359993

This makes for 914 LE car #98 on the 914 LE Registry. I have also made significant changes to the site including:

* Updated authentication details for the 914 LE
* Refinements to the websites organization
* Added more photos of 914 LE cars on the 914 LE Registry
* Updated information on the 98 914 LE cars found
* Updated information on the 914 GT
* Added a 914 LE resale value section
* Added a discussion on the correct accent color specification

Check it out and give me your feedback. Exciting to see this much interest.
SirAndy
i don't know what kind of stuff that guy is smoking, but this IS NOT a picture of the 2.0L in his 914 laugh.gif

IPB Image
Ferg
biggrin.gif Somthing I just saw also, auction is for sway bars but look at the car they are resting on. Could it be a grasshopper with faded decals?? Longshot for sure but might be worth an email, I could not find any other pic's of that car with the stuff he was selling. Ferg
Also, I promise to get you the vin of the creamsicle sitting at the repair place a few miles from my house. It's only been there for 12 years outside!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/ebayISAP...toDisplayType=2
72Signal914
I wonder who the nimrod was that put the Porsche crest practically in the dead center of the hood. Prob couldn't see straight beer3.gif wacko.gif wacko.gif wacko.gif
vortrex
cool...it's got a land rover 3.9 liter motor in it!

biggrin.gif
seanery
...scary...the sellers name is 2bit_hussy...I'm leary no matter what the spelling of hussey is! ohmy.gif
JeffBowlsby
Oh MAN....good eyes Ferg. I have emailed the seller...to find out more.
Mike's2nd914
QUOTE(seanery @ May 21 2003, 12:24 PM)
...scary...the sellers name is 2bit_hussy...I'm leary no matter what the spelling of hussey is! ohmy.gif

LMAO biggrin.gif
Part Pricer
I wouldn't get too excited. It looks like a color change, or at least a new door. Check out the red where the door handle used to be.

IPB Image
Gint
Somthing I just saw also, auction is for sway bars but look at the car they are resting on. Could it be a grasshopper with faded decals??

Mike, are you looking for sway bars? Lemme know.
72Signal914
From what I have seen and done some researching on the LE's it is not a "Grasshopper" the Decal on the side is not the same decal they used on the LE's. If you look closely you can see that "PORSCHE" does not line up correctly on the supposed "LE" car. Look here for mroe info on LE 914's.

http://members.rennlist.com/914_canam/
tryan
thats looks like a red rover, red rover send the mechanic right over motor to me.
JeffBowlsby
Good eyes...on the door repaint and LE stripes...that didnt take long. You guys learn fast...

Thanks for the reference to the 914 LE site...cool site eh? wink.gif

If nothing else comes of this they are the only green LE stripes I have seen. The stripes are obviously not original and are incorrectly installed so they must be replacements.

But maybe the tub is the real deal? Keep hope alive!
72Signal914
I didn't realize thta was yours huh.gif , boy do I feel dumb. But you should've known it wasn't ligit. i actually spent a lot of time reading the info you had. Thank YOU for the info. biggrin.gif
914werke
Jeff I see this one has vinal on the Sails? (as well as door ding trim barf.gif ) I thought that ALL the LE came W/O this feature?
vortrex
so bowlsby...how much would you pay for an excellent grasshopper if one ever showed up??
GWN7
I "heard" all the interest in the LE's is because some guy started collecting info on them in a data base.

Making people realise that the LE's are rare. Even more so than the 914-6's.

I even heard that he started a rumor of a mythical "grasshopper" LE that is suppost to exist. These are even more rarer than the 916's

wavey.gif biggrin.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(GWN7 @ May 21 2003, 02:39 PM)
I even heard that he started a rumor of a mythical "grasshopper" LE that is suppost to exist. These are even more rarer than the 916's

i wouldn't be surprised if we had a sudden wave of "original Grasshoopers" out of the San Jose area pretty soon.
there must be a "hidden Warehouse" full of them somewhere ...

Andy
tryan
yes, but you much snatch the pebble from my hand......................
Bleyseng
Rich at HPH has seen 2 in all his years I heard.
Geoff
Brad Roberts
Here is my theory: I think it is a grasshopper and it was involved in a accident that made them replace the passenger door and stripe.

B
SirAndy
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ May 21 2003, 05:36 PM)
Here is my theory: I think it is a grasshopper and it was involved in a accident that made them replace the passenger door and stripe.

Here is my theory: i think the guy bought it from a shop in TN laugh.gif
Brad Roberts
Now be quiet. JeffB is buddy buddy with the guy now and I cant talk smack.

B
72Signal914
Ithink if the guy got in a wreck. I'm sure if he asked Porsche to fabricate one for him so it was exact they would do it. Honestly it is not all thta hard to do. Anyone can do it with the right software and machinery. I had to do decals in my Graphics Arts class in high school and we had one of those decal cutting printers. Pretty neat. I could do it easily. The decal is definately aftermarket or factory but not LE factory
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 21 2003, 01:43 PM)
QUOTE(GWN7 @ May 21 2003, 02:39 PM)

i wouldn't be surprised if we had a sudden wave of "original Grasshoopers" out of the San Jose area pretty soon.
there must be a "hidden Warehouse" full of them somewhere ...

Andy

they are all at AA in the skunkworks.....horded by hussey himself....sleeps in a different one, every night, knowing he has a monopoly over the 914 grasshopper collections.....one day, he will shock the world and demand some respect!!!!!
Aaron Cox
kinda sounds like a cheap hollywood script eh?
".....a crazed collector determined to buy 'the last' part from anyone and everyone that has it, to turn around and ell it for millions of dollars!...just to suppport his collecting addiction...."

pretty cheesy....add some keanu reeves and some sean connery and you got yourself a box office blunder!

i wonder how much truth could actually be involved? biggrin.gif
JeffBowlsby
JeffB is buddy buddy with the guy now

Not really B...just a couple emails....I havent said anything to him about our PM, and do not plan to. He is not on this bbs.

rumor of a mythical "grasshopper" LE that is suppost to exist. These are even more rarer than the 916's

The 914 GT is the myth car actually.... rolleyes.gif
72Signal914
I'll bet you anything that an old lady has one in her garage and doesn't even know it. Her husband probably died and told her to never sell it. So she forgets that it is there and all of us are wondering if one exists here.

Thats happened to many of other rare autos or bikes

smash.gif smash.gif smash.gif smash.gif smash.gif
(sorry it looks funny)
JeffBowlsby
Could it be a grasshopper with faded decals??

Mr 2Bit just emailed me and confirmed its a 76 car with black side stripes....

The twisty road continues...
Aaron Cox
does any one on this list own an LE?
GWN7
As soon as the paint drys, I will biggrin.gif

Could have two if my sons 70 would pass as one. tongue.gif
Bleyseng
Jeff Bowlsby owns a Bumblebee and a trashed Creamsicle. Lawrence "Rusty" B. has a Bumblebee that he got his nickname from.
Those are the 2 I know.
914werke
I still have some reminents confused24.gif
JeffBowlsby
and a trashed Creamsicle

Huh? I wished I owned a Creamsicle but until I do the midnight auto thing, it will remain a regular 914...
JeffBowlsby
Oops something went awry with the picture of my white 914...
Bleyseng
I thought you bought that car with the back damage...
JeffBowlsby
No No not me...I like being married...my wife thinks we have one too may 914 cars already...that San Bernardino car is still available...its one of the last LE VINs on the Registry...even has the very unique 75-6 style salt and peppa carpets. Maybe GH would want to buy it, being such a late VIN LE and all...but i guess its only 'one' of the last and not 'THE' last. LE

wink.gif
Bleyseng
hmmm, how much is it now??
I could use a project
Geoff
JeffBowlsby
I bet he'd take a grand, but was originally hoping for 1500. Hes a long time 914 nut...er...afficianado...hes buddies with Glenn Sager. That car is lotsawork.

There is another Creamsicle FS here in Monterey, its on the Registry...just needs a few cosmetics, but probably a mid-4s price tag. I think there is a lot of potential value in that car and a whole lot less work.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.