Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ok trany problem, and heat.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
oldschool
So I'm having trouble getting it in 4th gear. I find that if I put it back in 3rd and then go back to 4...it seems to work confused24.gif But still it just not shifting like before...
BTW it has new cone screws. The kid ( Ethen )said it may me a fork inside?
Anyone ever have this happen.

Also I know it's been hot 90/102 here in Cali so this is the first time my 14er as ever not wanted to start...Vlock ..The only thing that I have added was the bottom flip near the gas pump...Now PO of my car had it removed at one point...do you think that could be it?
Dr Evil
Check all bushings, especially the Ujoint.
Elliot Cannon
Here is an "old school" cure for vapor lock to an old school guy from an old school guy. lol-2.gif It was said that if you attach clothes pins (remember them?) to the fuel line it will act as a heat sink and keep things cool(ish). For those of you too young to know about clothes pins, this is what they look like. av-943.gif I knew many people (who are gone now) who swore this technique works. idea.gif As for the trans problem. It's rumored that the guy in post #2 maybe knows a little about it.
oldschool
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jun 30 2013, 12:28 PM) *

Check all bushings, especially the Ujoint.

All good....first thing I check.. unsure.gif
oldschool
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Jun 30 2013, 12:42 PM) *

Here is an "old school" cure for vapor lock to an old school guy from an old school guy. lol-2.gif It was said that if you attach clothes pins (remember them?) to the fuel line it will act as a heat sink and keep things cool(ish). For those of you too young to know about clothes pins, this is what they look like. av-943.gif I knew many people (who are gone now) who swore this technique works. idea.gif As for the trans problem. It's rumored that the guy in post #2 maybe knows a little about it.

Lol like this
Click to view attachment
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(oldschool @ Jun 30 2013, 01:24 PM) *

QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Jun 30 2013, 12:42 PM) *

Lol like this
Click to view attachment

av-943.gif
cpavlenko
I had a problem w/ 914 not starting after long hot trip. I changed starters and checked all kinds o stuff, and finally after a month, I found the problem, multiple relay in the box behind drivers side in engine compartment.Been a year now, and no problems, even in hot AZ. weather. sure surprised me....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.