Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Post if you Drive yours like a daily driver!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
jdlmodelt
Post your pictures here and tell me how much you drive yours. I drive mine at least 54 miles, round trip to work Monday-Friday when the roads do not have ice on them. beer3.gif Click to view attachment
914itis
Not a daily driver but a weekender, I drive it as much as I can, never been on jack stands for more than a day. Definitely not a garage queen.
jdlmodelt
QUOTE(914itis @ Jun 30 2013, 09:54 PM) *

Not a daily driver but a weekender, I drive it as much as I can, never been on jack stands for more than a day. Definitely not a garage queen.

Excellent! That's what I want to see. When I took mine to the local car show. Had its share of daily use blems. I wish the cars shows had a daily drivers category! smile.gif
McMark
I have a whole list of things to fix. But I can't seem to stop driving it! driving.gif

IPB Image
jdlmodelt
QUOTE(McMark @ Jun 30 2013, 10:08 PM) *

I have a whole list of things to fix. But I can't seem to stop driving it! driving.gif

IPB Image

the advice i get from the veterans on here is to drive it like you stole it! woohoo! cars were built to drive. Not hide in the garage! beerchug.gif
914outlaw
My '74 2.0 which I'm afraid to put on jacks because it may never come down. biggrin.gif

IPB Image
jdlmodelt
QUOTE(dpires914 @ Jun 30 2013, 10:31 PM) *

My '74 2.0 which I'm afraid to put on jacks because it may never come down. biggrin.gif

IPB Image

drive it! DRIVE IT! haha! beerchug.gif
jdlmodelt
QUOTE(jdlmodelt @ Jun 30 2013, 10:40 PM) *

QUOTE(dpires914 @ Jun 30 2013, 10:31 PM) *

IPB Image

drive it! DRIVE IT! haha! beerchug.gif

wait! that looks nice. don't drive it........................wait, what was I thinking! drive that sweet machine every time you get the chance!
dale73914
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Violet isnt an everyday drive as i only live a few minutes from work and it would take as long to warm her up as the drive, but she does come out every weekend and on my days off. Occasionally she sits outside my office and waits for me to finish work ....
L-Jet914
My '74 1.8L with factory 2.0L wheels that I just installed with new tires thanks to ww914. She is a weekender and I take her to shows, though the latest heat wave she has been in the garage. I drive and maintain her now. Has been in the family since 74 when my father purchased her new. She is not driven in the rain anymore.

IPB Image[/URL]
ruby914
The 2.0, FI, Ruby 914 started out form the PO dark blue. After fixing the long and hellhole in "06, it was backed into in a parking lot in "07. That is when it became the Ruby 914.
For the most part the ruby car is a DD. I hate to say, rarely garage kept and 90% of the driving is with the top off. Ruby was kicked out of the garage because the fuses kept falling out.
Now, the garage kept calico WRX 914 has, at times, taken over as my DD. driving.gif
mepstein
Semi daily driver 20 mile round trip to work and driving around town. Not even close to perfect but I do love driving it. Thunder storms every day have kept me from using it lately.
cary
Adding new 914Rubber trunk seals so I can drive it everyday.
Its gone to Corvallis this weekend. #2 son stole it again.

Click to view attachment

No jackstands ................
ripper911
Daily driver rain or shine. also great for doing a few donuts in the backyard at 2am...
IPB Image
1stworks
I bought mine to drive...I dont work but i take her out every day,even if its just a quick mountain loop.Its been so fun.Cant beat it.everyone loves see it on the road.
Everyone asks when iam going to race it.........just love driving.......

IPB Image

IPB Image

Love my car...
kkid
This has been my daily driver since 2007.

Click to view attachment

kkid smile.gif
monkeyboy
I drive mine to the office daily. About 90 miles round trip when I have to go into my office.

Customers love to see it in their parking lots.

IPB Image
scott_in_nh
I drive mine every day it doesn't rain and a few days it did rain.
It is only 12 miles to work, but I take her to the grocery store and my girfriends house.

We went to German Car Day at the Larz Anderson Museum a couple of weeks ago, took her to a big house party on Saturday and ran her in an AX on Sunday.

Like someone else said, I have a list of repairs (a little rust - jacking points and a small section in the rt frt wheelwell) planned, but I'm too busy driving her biggrin.gif

pcar916
Terrible AX car and no longer blue, but fun to drive and wonderful on the track and street. Lots of cross-country treks and driven almost daily... sometimes you gotta use the truck.

Click to view attachment
turk22
QUOTE(McMark @ Jul 1 2013, 12:08 AM) *

QUOTE(dpires914 @ Jul 1 2013, 12:31 AM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Jul 1 2013, 06:47 AM) *

Semi daily driver 20 mile round trip to work and driving around town. Not even close to perfect but I do love driving it. Thunder storms every day have kept me from using it lately.

Love this thread, I thought I was the only one in this boat. Got stuff to do, but its fun to drive, I know when I start, its gonna be outta commission for awhile...

I don't drive it in the rain tho'.. I don't want to get rusty, and I don't want to get wet. dry.gif

Click to view attachment
chads74
DD when I was in Arizona, but I won't drive in the rain, which is every day since I have moved to Tampa. I am itching for a good drive!

Click to view attachment
r_towle
QUOTE(McMark @ Jul 1 2013, 12:08 AM) *

IPB Image

I am so happy for you that you finally have your own "running" car.
Just don't change it so much you cant drive it....at least for more than a day.

Enjoy it, enjoy life.

rich
KELTY360
Mine is a dry weather DD. Don't like driving in the rain, especially with the size of today's SUVs and pick-ups...too much spray and they have an even harder time seeing me. It's a different driving environment than my first DD 914 in 1973.

People wave, give thumbs up, even shout kudos from sidewalk cafes. The other day I came out of the hardware store and this guy was checking it out with a big grin on his face. Told me he was from San Diego where he'd see 914s all the time, but hadn't seen one in the three years he'd lived in Seattle.

I love driving this car!

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
jdlmodelt
QUOTE(1stworks @ Jul 1 2013, 07:23 AM) *

I bought mine to drive...I dont work but i take her out every day,even if its just a quick mountain loop.Its been so fun.Cant beat it.everyone loves see it on the road.
Everyone asks when iam going to race it.........just love driving.......

IPB Image

IPB Image

Love my car...

where in Colorado are you located? I'm in the Durango area.
Nice ride!
jdlmodelt
I've had mine in the rain. Snow is about all that scares me. For the guys who don't drive in the rain, do you "dry clean" your car? haha! Just jabbing. I might drive her in the parade on Thursday, small local town of Bayfield, Colorado. I put my noisy muffler on for that event. Then there is a park and shine car show afterwards. I don't expect to get anything there. People are muscle car fans around here. I took her to a cruise night Saturday and all the top 4 cars were all 60's and early 70's muscle cars as well. Hmmmmmmmmmmm..........I see a trend. sad.gif
worn
QUOTE(jdlmodelt @ Jun 30 2013, 07:43 PM) *

Post your pictures here and tell me how much you drive yours. I drive mine at least 54 miles, round trip to work Monday-Friday when the roads do not have ice on them. beer3.gif Click to view attachment

He77 YES! aktion035.gif
chads74
haha yea I wish I could drive mine in any weather, but the windows leak so bad I would have to wear scuba gear. Just dont want all that water getting in, and sitting on the floor and I can't get the windows sealed enough to be happy. Any suggestions?? I would be all ears!
76-914
Not every day. If it rains, is over 90F or need to haul a load then I take my PU. Otherwise, I drive Whitey. As soon as Blackie is finished I will have scratched the "over 90F" disclaimer from the above list.
euro911
You guys drive some sharp looking cars thumb3d.gif

I don't see too many 914s on the road around here, but I have seen several parked ones (usually in someone's side yard).

I see a red one drive by on the main boulevard in the afternoon traffic near my house every now-n-then, I think it's a DD.

I saw a cute gal driving a really nice black one near the shop a few weeks ago smile.gif ... Told her to check out 914World.com.

I used to see Mike's 'Ruby914' or his 'Calico-Subi' just about every day, before I retired.

I need to take the Tacoma off the road to replace the heads gaskets and do some other major maintenance, and since it's summer, the 'BB' will probably become the 'DD' for a while driving.gif

Click to view attachment

ripper911
QUOTE(chads74 @ Jul 1 2013, 03:31 PM) *

haha yea I wish I could drive mine in any weather, but the windows leak so bad I would have to wear scuba gear. Just dont want all that water getting in, and sitting on the floor and I can't get the windows sealed enough to be happy. Any suggestions?? I would be all ears!

If you would start driving in the rain more your car would adapt by opening small rusty looking drain holes in the floorboard.

Works for me!

And buy an umbrella hat.
jsayre914
Every day. Every season. No Mercy happy11.gif
poorsche914
I drive mine 4 days a week to work which is only about 4 miles each way but includes a 1/2 mile section of curvy road my granddaughter and I have dubbed "the Lizard" - it has the same curve density as the Dragon biggrin.gif
Used to drive it 50 miles round trip to work, 5 days a week, rain or shine (or even snow). It does leak when it rains hard sad.gif
As can be seen from the photo, needs rust repair and bodywork/paint. First come the essentials - suspension, brakes, engine - and then the cosmetics. I figure from the driver's seat, I can't see what it looks like but I CAN feel how it drives w00t.gif

Click to view attachment

driving.gif
73cool
I drive my '73 1.7 every day. I live in Vegas, and she does real well.
Click to view attachment
StratPlayer
Only gets driven in the summer months..
Nozzle
Although my Teener only gets out on nice days now, it wasn't always that way. He was a daily driver for the first 12 years of life and has done well over 200,000 miles to date. The way I look at it, he's earned some slack time and is doing pretty good for the shape he's in... biggrin.gif

This recent pic was taken after coming home from a delightful 1000+ mile road-trip where he ran like a champ and averaged well over 30 MPG. What great little cars. driving.gif

Click to view attachment
chads74
QUOTE(ripper911 @ Jul 1 2013, 01:03 PM) *

QUOTE(chads74 @ Jul 1 2013, 03:31 PM) *

If you would start driving in the rain more your car would adapt by opening small rusty looking drain holes in the floorboard.

Works for me!

And buy an umbrella hat.

That made me laugh, I'll have to try the hat, but not liking the natural drain holes.
jdlmodelt
I filled the gas tank on the way home from work tonight. 35mpg! NICE! Its the most economical car I own. and the oldest drivable car I own. My older ones are Ford Model T's and they are slow and not good for commuting.
hot_shoe914
Doesn't matter what the weather is doing.

Click to view attachment
ruby914
QUOTE(73cool @ Jul 1 2013, 05:11 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Beautiful car! What color is that?
and welcome.png
McMark
QUOTE(jdlmodelt @ Jul 1 2013, 07:57 PM) *

I filled the gas tank on the way home from work tonight. 35mpg! NICE! Its the most economical car I own. and the oldest drivable car I own. My older ones are Ford Model T's and they are slow and not good for commuting.

Did you compensate for speedometer error? wink.gif If your speedo is 5% off, your odometer is 5% off.

But that being said, I'm getting 28 MPG in the turbo. burnout.gif
GaroldShaffer
My DD as long as there is no salt on the road & my weekend warrior car driving.gif

JStroud
I drive mine mainly on the weekends, being a general contractor I need a truck most days. But every now and then I can leave the tools on a job and drive the 914 during the week. driving.gif Planning a 4000+ mile trip later in the year, stopping by RRC in durango on the way home.....lots of driving. driving.gif

Click to view attachment

Jeff
McMark
Jeff, I'm thinking lumber rack... idea.gif
JStroud
QUOTE(McMark @ Jul 1 2013, 09:21 PM) *

Jeff, I'm thinking lumber rack... idea.gif

Actually........after the suby car, I might think about a 914 truck...of course with lumber rack...Porsche 6.....turbo. lol-2.gif

Or I could just retire and play with my cars aktion035.gif

Jeff
Montreal914
I have been enjoying it every day since I bought it about 4 years ago. It was my only locomotion for my first few months in CA...until the rest of the family followed...

Click to view attachment

73cool
QUOTE(ruby914 @ Jul 1 2013, 08:59 PM) *

QUOTE(73cool @ Jul 1 2013, 05:11 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Beautiful car! What color is that?
and welcome.png

It's candy apple red.
jdlmodelt
QUOTE(McMark @ Jul 1 2013, 10:02 PM) *

QUOTE(jdlmodelt @ Jul 1 2013, 07:57 PM) *

Did you compensate for speedometer error? wink.gif If your speedo is 5% off, your odometer is 5% off.

But that being said, I'm getting 28 MPG in the turbo. burnout.gif

5% is only 1.75mpg less. I'll take 33.25mpg.
j
ppccivilian
Here is a pic of my daily driver. A 1975 base model 914 with 1.8. The drive into work is about 35-40 mins , so I get to drive mine an hour each day....

-Robert
green914
QUOTE(jdlmodelt @ Jun 30 2013, 09:04 PM) *

QUOTE(914itis @ Jun 30 2013, 09:54 PM) *

Excellent! That's what I want to see. When I took mine to the local car show. Had its share of daily use blems. I wish the cars shows had a daily drivers category! smile.gif

agree.gif a daily driver category would be a good category for mine.
jdlmodelt
QUOTE(jsconst @ Jul 1 2013, 10:18 PM) *

I drive mine mainly on the weekends, being a general contractor I need a truck most days. But every now and then I can leave the tools on a job and drive the 914 during the week. driving.gif Planning a 4000+ mile trip later in the year, stopping by RRC in durango on the way home.....lots of driving. driving.gif

Click to view attachment

Jeff

Let me know when you are passing through Durango, I can get you a private tour of the SKA Microbewery in town. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.